FD12 bullpup

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

UKYankee
Home club or Range: WNSC

FD12 bullpup

#1 Post by UKYankee »

Apologies, this is another box fed shotgun question. Really like the look of the FD12 but can't find any reviews, just videos showing the makers shooting them; similar to the Typhoon videos.

Anyone know anything about these as they seem pretty good value and I have always been tempted by a bullpup shotgun.

Many thanks.

TacSol AR-22
Ruger 10/22
S&W M&P 15-22
Beretta 1301 Comp
Rossi 44 Underlever
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: FD12 bullpup

#2 Post by Blackstuff »

Have you seen a UK spec one? In order to get the 24" barrel/40" overall length they have a massive amount of barrel sticking out of the receiver. As the whole point of a bullpup is to have a full length barrel but in an overall short package the only benefit they have is completely negated.

So you have a huge gun, with a bad trigger, non-adjustable length of pull so if the stock gun doesn't fit you there's nothing you can do about it, which you can't shoot left-handed and is therefore not useable for the primary reason to own one in the UK, PSG.

Sorry to rain on your parade but I think if you bought this you'd never be able to sell it again if/when you got sick of it. The only possible use I can think of it is as a dedicated target shotgun and fit it with a short magazine so you could actually get prone with it/use it at a bench. However given that most shotgun cartridges have burnt all of their powder in the first 16-19" of barrel, the extra length barrel may not provide any additional advantage.

I totally agree they look great in the international spec and if I had the money and a free cert slot to burn i could be tempted but as it is, its a solid no from me. :bad:
DVC
UKYankee
Home club or Range: WNSC

#3 Post by UKYankee »

Thanks for the reply, I had considered everything except shooting weak shoulder. Ah well, I'll just have to keep practicing my loading.

TacSol AR-22
Ruger 10/22
S&W M&P 15-22
Beretta 1301 Comp
Rossi 44 Underlever
Chuck

#4 Post by Chuck »

UK Spec: https://www.gunstar.co.uk/final-defence ... ns/1043656

Keltek and Mossberg do bullpup shotguns but as stated, getting one in UK spec defeats the whole purpose and appeal of a bullpup.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#5 Post by bradaz11 »

thats never 40" long, surely?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
RDC

#6 Post by RDC »

That ad doesn't show the full length. The seller, Simply Firearms, has a couple of videos on Facebook showing it being shot.

Can't say I see the point tbh...
RDC

#7 Post by RDC »

What I also don't understand is how the UK sellers are claiming 24 inch barrels. The receiver doesn't seem long enough to make up the other 16 inches for min OAL.