Derya mk12

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Andy

Derya mk12

#1 Post by Andy »

Has anyone got one ? Thoughts

Saw these at the shooting show at the nec and I'm very impressed with the quality on them. I'm thinking of getting one just wondered if anyone has one.
I've seen the rack n load vids on YouTube so now really want one.
The ones at the show looked slightly different to the ones I've seen for sale, different hand guard and double sided safety's, maybe 2019 model not sure. I was that keen on handling the gun I didn't take notice about who's stand it was on ,and the 3 times I went to look at it there wasn't a rep anywhere to be seen.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Derya mk12

#2 Post by Sim G »

It's a Turkish box fed, AR-y, shotgun. Reviews on the web say it's OK. NDH firearms and C&G are the sole distributors/retailers...

It's nearly £1000! Doesn't come with half the stuff it seems to in Canada or the US. Magazines are 40 quid a pop.

Purely for giggles, why not? But it s a Turkish shotgun after all and for this money, a S/H M2 or a new 1301 would be preferable to my mind...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
BamBam

#3 Post by BamBam »

I remember how excited I was about the UTAS, an AR-10 frame 12 gauge semi-auto, but I knew that early adopters have to deal with the teething issues so I held off.
Initially everyone said how awesome it was and then the reports of breakages came in.
And then the reports of how many were returned and refunds were requested.
So I bought a M2.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#4 Post by snayperskaya »

I've shot one and wasn't impressed to be honest, same with the UTAS.

My money would be on a Armtac RS-S1, in the absence of a Saiga or Vepr-12, a mate of mine has one and it runs flawlessly on whatever cartridges he feds it and being AK-based it is built like a tank and easy to maintain etc.

https://www.pellpax.co.uk/rifles-and-sh ... msan/20407

No affiliation to pellpax, its was the first one that came up....

Also with a bit of a fettle of the locking lug Saiga-12 mags will fit and feed :good:
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Andy

#5 Post by Andy »

Thanks for the replies , not sure now.
Are vepr 12 the one to go for then , better than the armtac?
Andy

#6 Post by Andy »

Had a look into this and the armsan rs s1 is also turkish the same as derya, and looking at the latest ones out they seem to have the same stock as the derya mk12.

Armsan
https://www.livens.co.uk/product/armsan-rs-s1-12-gauge/

Derya
https://www.cgfirearms.co.uk/derya-mk12-shotgun
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#7 Post by Blackstuff »

The Derya is a direct rip-off the Typhoon F12*, copyright literally means nothing in Turkey!

*which itself 'borrows' many components from the Bora BR99, which itself was a direct rip off the MKA1919.......

All box-mag guns have issues which require varying degrees of fettling, anything from simply trying a few different ammo brands to see what will work reliably in individual guns, to extensively replacing factory parts. Anyone who tells you their box mag gun runs 100% and always has is A/ A liar B/ Barely used it or C/ Not used it in the manner such guns are intended.

The UTAS has a bad reputation because it arrived when box mag guns really began to take off here and the distrubutor was slow to address them. They did address the issues in the end but mud sticks. The Typhoons had just as many problems but a much better PR department and had learned the lessons from UTAS about addressing the problems.

Looking at the the UKPSA 2018 Open division (box mag guns) the guns used by the top ten were (in order);

1 - UTAS
2 - UTAS
3 - Typhoon
4 - UTAS
5 - Typhoon
6 - DIssendent Arms KL12
7 - Armsan RS1
8 - Typhoon
9 - Saiga/Vepr
10 - Typhoon
DVC
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#8 Post by snayperskaya »

Andy wrote:Thanks for the replies , not sure now.
Are vepr 12 the one to go for then , better than the armtac?
Vepr-12's are very good and are based on the reinforced RPK LMG receiver, problem is they are relatively expensive over here.

The Saiga-12 uses a pretty much standard AKM-pattern receiver but are also very solid and whilst cheaper than a Vepr they are still relatively expensive in the UK.

The issue of unavailability due to the Russian arms embargo has also driven the price up of both new and secondhand Vepr and Saiga shotguns and rifles.

The RS-S1 is essentially a Saiga built under license in Turkey due to the Russian arms embargo.Other stock options are available including a wood stock/wood handguards combo.It looks as though any stock designed to fit a fixed stock stamped receiver AK variant would fit the RS, perhaps someone that has one could post a pic of the rear trunnion as it appears to be the same as a standard AKM-pattern trunnion.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Andy

#9 Post by Andy »

Thanks guys lots of good info.
I suppose the derya mk12 hasn't been out that long . I think I'll hold off buying for now .I'm now thinking the armsan might be a better buy than the derya.
shellshokt
Home club or Range: KFC and TR&PC

#10 Post by shellshokt »

I had a UTAS, loved it to start with but I had lots of issues. Eventually I lost confidence in using it in competition. If you are prepared to put the effort in and perhaps have a professional tune it for you then its an option. I part exchanged my UTAS for a secondhand Armsan RS-S1 that was on offer for £600. I have polished various internal components and added a few go faster bits. Now in competitions it's usually me that has the issues and not the shotgun.
"The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom"
H.L.Mencken