Reliable Sec2 Semi/Pump Shotguns

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: Reliable Sec2 Semi/Pump Shotguns

#11 Post by DanTheMan »

1941 Remington Model 31, came back from Europe at the end of WW2 and still cycles ever so smoothly, regularly dust clays with it.

Deadeye18

#12 Post by Deadeye18 »

Winchester 1200,had one 20 years and never failed me.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#13 Post by safetyfirst »

Steel tube and some black powder, been reliable since the early 1300’s, accept no substitute.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Blackstuff »

No one going to ask what its actually going to be used for then any???? ITs a bit like someone asking what a good make of shoes is but giving a recommendation for hiking boots when the OP is going to be sprinting on a track! wtf

There are guns that are poor choices for clays, some not ideal for pest control and LOTS that are unsuitable for PSG (even though they're actively marketed towards that side of shooting).
DVC
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#15 Post by kennyc »

Blackstuff wrote:No one going to ask what its actually going to be used for then any???? ITs a bit like someone asking what a good make of shoes is but giving a recommendation for hiking boots when the OP is going to be sprinting on a track! wtf

There are guns that are poor choices for clays, some not ideal for pest control and LOTS that are unsuitable for PSG (even though they're actively marketed towards that side of shooting).
that wasnt the question though was it ? razz
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#16 Post by strangesam »

Blackstuff wrote:No one going to ask what its actually going to be used for then any???? ITs a bit like someone asking what a good make of shoes is but giving a recommendation for hiking boots when the OP is going to be sprinting on a track! wtf

Clays, fun, light PSG until I get around to getting a sec1 gun, with the possibility of the odd pigeon (though I have an OU for that).

Basically, i don't own a pump action and I thought I should get one to try it for a while.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#17 Post by Blackstuff »

In that case a 2nd hand Benelli Nova/Supernova or Remmy 870 would be my 2p's worth.

Mossy 590's are great guns but are incompatible with Load 2/Quad load, loading techniques (because of a lack of solid/tongue style lifter). I'd steer well clear of a Hatsan semi-auto if its at all going to be used for PSG but i've not heard any bad reports about their pumps.
DVC
RDC

#18 Post by RDC »

Blackstuff wrote:In that case a 2nd hand Benelli Nova/Supernova or Remmy 870 would be my 2p's worth.
I know a few people who have picked up lightly used sec 2 supernovas for less than 200 quid.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#19 Post by Sim G »

Supernova would be a great choice. Remy 870s can be had cheaply, but they’ll be dog rough.

But I really didn’t think Benellis were so cheap now.... I’m off for a “window shop”!!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G
Past Supporter

#20 Post by Sim G »

That said, any chance to get a picture out of my “Cruiser” 870....

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!