Reliable Sec2 Semi/Pump Shotguns

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Re: Reliable Sec2 Semi/Pump Shotguns

#21 Post by Lever357 »

That sure is a beaut Sim G!!!!!
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Sim G
Past Supporter

#22 Post by Sim G »

Cheers.

It started life as a very early 870 Express that was 2 3/4” chambered only. It was dog rough on the exterior as probably been laid down in a puddle for some time!

Receiver was Duracoated in “Remington Black”, action bars and carrier replaced, trigger mech polished and Wolfe springs fitted, Vang Comp big button safety. Carlson’s 24” multichoke barrel and fibre optic bead, Nordic Components magazine extension, mag spring, low drag follower and barrel clamp.

Found some old 870 Police furniture and just removed the chipped and flaking varnish and oiled right over the dents, scratches, gouges and stains.

Slick, smooth and very nostalgic. I imagine a good tricked Benelli would be a far more “practical” pump gun.... but how many of them have you seen in a Hollywood Blockbuster? SHUCK...SHUCK!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sim G
Past Supporter

#23 Post by Sim G »

In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
the running man

#24 Post by the running man »

Your going to struggle to get a fully reliable semi auto for under £300,I must have had 9 or more cheap ones over the years,there are some old Beretta's about but that's no guarantee of reliability,yes chaps are usimg stogeoers and revos etcnand I'm sure they are fine for some,I myself bought a bennelli M2, I've had one since they first came out and it jammed all of zero times, if you want reliability then go with a pump,at least your in control,the 1300 Winchester is solid and smooth as is the supernova,the 870 is ok as is the mossberg. Buy cheap buy twice..
Always judge a person by how they treat someone that is of no use to them......
Chuck

#25 Post by Chuck »

Nowt wrong with Hatsans - functional and workhorses for millions of people.

But surely the starting point should be "from a range of guns that fit you and which you cna operate safely and comfortably"??

No point in getting a pumper if you need arms three foot long - The Hatsan has a short reach - which is ideal for moi,. :D :good:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!