Getting a shotgun barrel cut for a choke?

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: Getting a shotgun barrel cut for a choke?

#11 Post by kennyc »

Rarms wrote:I think I am set on this mod. I have a couple of hush power pumps and want to try a semi. The barrel is 24 inch so will be thicker than normal at the muzzle compared to a 28 or 30 inch
you realise an semi auto will be considerably louder than a pump?
42DAF

#12 Post by 42DAF »

Rarms wrote:I think I am set on this mod. I have a couple of hush power pumps and want to try a semi. The barrel is 24 inch so will be thicker than normal at the muzzle compared to a 28 or 30 inch
Teague may be able to cut the thicker barrel for factory threads but are unlikely to know until they have the barrel in hand. At least you can send a shotgun barrel directly to them via parcel force.

Good luck be interested to know how you get on.
Rarms
Past Supporter

#13 Post by Rarms »

kennyc wrote:
you realise an semi auto will be considerably louder than a pump?
Yes but I am assuming only within a few feet of the action. 25yards from the business end I suspect the noise level will be the same and the rapid follow up shots and decent sight plane I think make it worthwhile.