All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

38Super
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: What does this bit do????

#11 Post by 38Super »

signfunnypost

Maybe I'll wait until you've found all the problems.
The Web Tac is due to arrive in September and looks quite promising as an alternative to the F12
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

Its a repackaged BR99. The only advantage it has is the adjustable stock, which in fairness is a handy feature.
DVC
38Super

#13 Post by 38Super »

The Web Tac looks very similar to the Husan Metal Force which in turn appears to be based on the MKA 1919 Gen 2 (also produced by Husan).
It's interesting to see the Web Tac pictured sporting an Akdal style 10 round mag
I suppose one way or another they are all Bora copies.

The adjustable stock is really the only reason I'm considering a change.
38Super

#14 Post by 38Super »

38Super wrote:The Web Tac looks very similar to the Husan Metal Force which in turn appears to be based on the MKA 1919 Gen 2 (also produced by Husan).
It's interesting to see the Web Tac pictured sporting an Akdal style 10 round mag
I suppose one way or another they are all Bora copies.

The adjustable stock is really the only reason I'm considering a change.
The importers have confirmed that the web Tac is a development of the MKA 1919.
Blackstuff

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

I literally saw no reason to buy one when there's much better options out there for similar money. They even got rid of the best feature on the MKA1919 which has the 'lip' around the top of magazine that prevents over-insertion into the gun! kukkuk
DVC
Grima
Home club or Range: wales

#16 Post by Grima »

IMG_20180712_204958238.jpg
I was given a BR99 to play with when they first landed with no manual. See what you can do. So put on a ext ported choke, sorted the gas system unwind problem (stops parts breaking). Made a left hand charging handle. Drop free mags. Improved fore end grip & pistol grip, put on a M4 stock. Made the mags 11rd easy load. Sorted the trigger. Then shot the SH*T out of it. Works great, thanks they said. Now sits in my safe doing nothing. Bummer. Even made a 20rd drum for it but sold it. If you ask me the BR99 is a great tool.
38Super

#17 Post by 38Super »

Grima wrote:I was given a BR99 to play with when they first landed with no manual. See what you can do. So put on a ext ported choke, sorted the gas system unwind problem (stops parts breaking). Made a left hand charging handle. Drop free mags. Improved fore end grip & pistol grip, put on a M4 stock. Made the mags 11rd easy load. Sorted the trigger. Then shot the SH*T out of it. Works great, thanks they said. Now sits in my safe doing nothing. Bummer. Even made a 20rd drum for it but sold it. If you ask me the BR99 is a great tool.
I agree. Mine has been great. Doesn't like buckshot though.
I'm jealous of your adjustable stock and I'd still love to know how you get 11 rounds in a magazine. I've tried all sorts of things wallhead

Why aren't you using it these days?
Grima
Home club or Range: wales

#18 Post by Grima »

I don't shoot PSG, the mod's were a project. Now the market is full of THE NEXT BEST EVER mag fed shotgun. Till they brake. As the market is so small for S1 shotguns the mods were not cost effective for the people involved.

11rds in a mag, easy use a different spring. I told people not to cut the factory spring & when they did it was my fault???

I had lots of utube vids showing the mods but was told to pull them.
38Super

#19 Post by 38Super »

Those vids would be worth watching. goodjob

I'll hold my hand up to being one of those people who cut the factory springs and now I can get 10 in but they are too difficult to insert quickly so I usually run with 9 in a mag.

I wouldn't know where to start getting custom springs made for something like this.

I'm tempted to get hold of mag springs for all the box fed's and compare them.
Blackstuff

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

The videos just showed off the end result, none of the working, so they were of 'limited' value. Cutting the springs was the 'solution' given. On one of mine i cut the springs too much and it stopped the mags working. Cutting springs reduces the service life of the spring/magazine.

One of the most common problems with the mag springs on the BR99 is they are put in the wrong way around! This has been fixed on the current generation of box mag guns by having the spring fixed to the follower (but they are removable if required), one less thing to worry about.

The main problem with the BR99 and buckshot is the length of the average caridge being too long. Sourcing short (unfired) length buckshot fixed that problem for me. RC4 and 2015 Worldshoot buckshot runs perfectly with mine. Fortunately my F12 seems to run on anything buckshot-wise.

If you can't get 10rds in the magazine, and you have checked the orientation of the spring, it should go back to where you bought it from as it faulty.
DVC