masks in a gallery range

Moderator: dromia

Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

masks in a gallery range

#1 Post by Dellboy »

We thought most of our members were jabbed twice but have since found out that a number havent had any at all
its been suggested that anyone not jabbed wears a mask .

Is it acceptable to ask for proof of jabs and enforce the wearing of masks ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: masks in a gallery range

#2 Post by DanTheMan »

On our range we found that masks and eye protection don't mix as you can't see the targets for misted lenses.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#3 Post by Pippin89 »

Dellboy wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:02 pm We thought most of our members were jabbed twice but have since found out that a number havent had any at all
its been suggested that anyone not jabbed wears a mask .

Is it acceptable to ask for proof of jabs and enforce the wearing of masks ?
You're probably better off asking everyone to wear a mask while moving around the club and take it off at the firing point for the reason above. Its a shame that we need rules for everyone to cover the small minority who can't do the right thing but I guess that's part of life. Certainly part of firearm ownership!
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#4 Post by Plumose »

I agree with Pippin89, andI would have thought that most indoor ranges have very good air movement on the actual range, so it is probably be OK to be maskless on the range.
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#5 Post by shugie »

Personally I don't fancy long covid, which seems to be afflicting a few people I know, so I will be wearing a mask.
Careful now/that sort of thing
flamoudi
Home club or Range: CVPC Ashgill Scotland

#6 Post by flamoudi »

We wear masks in and around club and range. as previously said you can take them off at the firing point. They do steam up your eye protection.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#7 Post by Dark Skies »

Nah. She'll be right, mate.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#8 Post by hitchphil »

Its your club, the members can suggest & ask to the committee to create a ruling. If that rule was 'no jab - no shoot' then I doubt those who are not jabbed can do anything about it vs moan. They may have good reason (medical etc) for not being jabbed - that might need to be taken into account. Maybe you have unmasked details for those that want & masked for those that do? but ask for a neg test before entry to the club house?

The risk isn't just the 'unjabbed' being asymptomatic or infected, but also jabbed can transmit it too but the potential seems less that way round. I know if a club that runs 48hrs ranges use on the basis that 48hrs is enough time for any virus n surfaces to expire.

This bat born bug isn't going away, we need to find ways of dealing & living with it. Many are openly ignoring all countermeasures now, is that why we have c£40k cases per day? when i see that drop I might begin to relax, till then I mask up, wash hands, sanitise shopping basket handles, avoid large groups of kids etc like before.....
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

Don't forget to issue special membership cards with a marker on to those unjabbed devils. Something eye catching like a little yellow star or something? teanews
DVC
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#10 Post by Pippin89 »

Blackstuff wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:27 am Don't forget to issue special membership cards with a marker on to those unjabbed devils. Something eye catching like a little yellow star or something? teanews
I would have gone with a tattoo on their forehead saying "DIRTY" but each to their own!