Covid club closures and membership refunds

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Covid club closures and membership refunds

#51 Post by dromia »

If you are a Bisley shooter then you have a vested interest in being a member.

If you are not a Bisley shooter then there is absolutely no benefit from being a member.

So the people who suffer most from the NRA's wilful failure to be what they claim to be, a National, organisation, have no incentive to be a member so the voting caucus of NRA members are Bisley shooters who don't give a flying feck for anything beyond Bisley where they get their fill. Therefore there is no chance of changing from within.

The responsibility for enlarging the membership beyond Bisley shooters squarely lies with the NRA as they claim to be a national body but as the people in the driving seat have no interest in meeting national need then beyond Bisley shooter membership is of no interest them so they will never pursue that agenda.

If the NRA had a national plan for developing shooting nationally especially the diminishment of good, over 100 yrds range access, that they promoted and started having a meaningful presence in the regions then that would go a long way to making the "join the NRA to effect change" have some meaning to those of us that expect national achievements from that which claims to be a national body.

If they were honest and just claimed to be Bisley shooting club then I would have no beef with them, however that would no doubt jeopardise their much valued charitable status as being a national organisation and governing body, hence their avarice for grabbing disciplines. It is plain to me that they have their charitable status under false pretence and haven't a clue why the charity commissioners haven't stripped them off it a while ago. They did deliver a damning report on the organisation a couple of years ago but whatever the NRA did to get off that hook it hasn't translated into anything meaningful on the ground and was never explained to the membership.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#52 Post by bradaz11 »

back to topic
my cowboy action club is extending memberships for next year, but we only really pay a nominal fee to be a member of the organisation itself and cover admin and time. so its a small cost. any shooting is done at a range, where we pay to cover the time.

my main club is full fees of 300per year.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
bb2

#53 Post by bb2 »

My club committee decided to keep all of the members fees paid from last year and now want us to pay full fees again for a club that has been largely shut and remains shut.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#54 Post by Alpha1 »

What pees me off as a Club Secretary after taking the decision to not charge anybody anything for 2021 whether we get back on ranges or not is the fact I am still chasing people to pay up for their 2020 subs. ****
Christel
Site Admin

#55 Post by Christel »

There is an easing of rules coming sometime in March. fingerscrossed that we will all soon be able to go to our ranges.
RDC

#56 Post by RDC »

Alpha1 wrote:What pees me off as a Club Secretary after taking the decision to not charge anybody anything for 2021 whether we get back on ranges or not is the fact I am still chasing people to pay up for their 2020 subs. ****
Why don't you have a cut off date? Don't pay by date X, you are removed from the club.
bb2

#57 Post by bb2 »

My club is the only organisation that has failed to return funds paid for a service that they have not been able to provide.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#58 Post by Ovenpaa »

RDC wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:What pees me off as a Club Secretary after taking the decision to not charge anybody anything for 2021 whether we get back on ranges or not is the fact I am still chasing people to pay up for their 2020 subs. ****
Why don't you have a cut off date? Don't pay by date X, you are removed from the club.
..and the police notified accordingly :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
RDC

#59 Post by RDC »

bb2 wrote:My club is the only organisation that has failed to return funds paid for a service that they have not been able to provide.
Is your club a business? Or have you paid for a range booking that didn't go ahead?
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#60 Post by shugie »

bb2 wrote:My club is the only organisation that has failed to return funds paid for a service that they have not been able to provide.
We're probably going to reduce next year's subs if we don't get many shoots in, the saved ranges fees will be split amongst the members, the fixed costs remain fixed though, whether we shoot or not
Careful now/that sort of thing