Why weren't we doing this from the start!!!???.....

Moderator: dromia

snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Why weren't we doing this from the start!!!???.....

#1 Post by snayperskaya »

Government set to introduce quarantine for incoming air passengers......

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... Nj&ampcf=1
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Why weren't we doing this from the start!!!???.....

#2 Post by Christel »

A question we in this house have asked each other many times. Mind boggling that.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#3 Post by kennyc »

seems like an attempt to kill off the majority of the Airlines, whilst gently slamming the stable door after the bolting Horse dissappears over the horizon!
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#4 Post by Pete »

How's that going to work, then? Bussed directly off the plane to a secure hotel somewhere?
And what about the ferries and Eurostar?

Sounds like someone in cabinet said " Come on guys, THINK of something, quick........."

Another "The thick of it" moment.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#5 Post by GeeRam »

Pete wrote:How's that going to work, then? Bussed directly off the plane to a secure hotel somewhere?
Australia and NZ put this into place back in early March, and look how well they've dealt with this virus.

When our office closed on March 27th, one of our team who is Aussie, immediately bought a ticket to fly back to Aus, the next day as he preferred to face this at home in Aus than cooped up in a bedsit in a grotty area of Slough, even though he knew he would have to spend 14 days in quarantine as soon as he got off the plane. He sent us a photo of his quarantine 'prison cell' when he arrived, which was a 4-star hotel in the Central Business District of Sydney.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#6 Post by kennyc »

GeeRam wrote:
Pete wrote:How's that going to work, then? Bussed directly off the plane to a secure hotel somewhere?
Australia and NZ put this into place back in early March, and look how well they've dealt with this virus.

When our office closed on March 27th, one of our team who is Aussie, immediately bought a ticket to fly back to Aus, the next day as he preferred to face this at home in Aus than cooped up in a bedsit in a grotty area of Slough, even though he knew he would have to spend 14 days in quarantine as soon as he got off the plane. He sent us a photo of his quarantine 'prison cell' when he arrived, which was a 4-star hotel in the Central Business District of Sydney.
the bold part is the relevent part....we are now some weeks down the road, is now the time to do this ? or is it something that should have been instituted a long time ago? will it now help? I know it suits some parts of the Country to blame it all on foreigners, but surely the most likely source of reinfection now is going to be local ?
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#7 Post by Pete »

That's not how the proposed plan was mooted here.............the incomers are expected to give an address they'll be staying at here for the two weeks after their arrival.
Nothing said about the bit between getting off the plane and making their way to wherever.

227 asylum seekers crossed the channel this weekend.............I wonder what happened to them.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#8 Post by Airbrush »

Pete wrote:That's not how the proposed plan was mooted here.............the incomers are expected to give an address they'll be staying at here for the two weeks after their arrival.
Nothing said about the bit between getting off the plane and making their way to wherever.

227 asylum seekers crossed the channel this weekend.............I wonder what happened to them.

Pete
227 economic migrants you mean.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#9 Post by dromia »

This is just another example of boris and his bunglers rank incompetence in their complete criminal mishandling of this pandemic.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#10 Post by mag41uk »

I had two groups friends fly in from the US at the start of this.
They were told to self isolate for 14 days - which they did.
Part of the problem IMHO is that the public have been treated as if capable of taking personal responsibility.
Inevitably - in any situation like this war/disease/famine - there will be that small percentage who will plod on sticking two fingers up at "the man" and everyone else.
You only have to go to my local Asda (which I don't) to see this in operation.
Situation in NZ has virtually no comparison to the UK or even most EU countries.
With a population of 5 million spread over a land mass about the same as the UK the virus was unlikely to have a big effect.
Interesting how we can wallow in the glory of hindsight.
Presumably Bojo makes these decisions whilst taking his morning dump?