Life Before and After C19

Moderator: dromia

Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Life Before and After C19

#21 Post by Alpha1 »

CraigH wrote:
Pete wrote:My next one's a Tesla............if they ditch the touchscreen in favour of knobs that can be operated without taking the eyes off the road............

Pete

I hope they don't, I work for a company that manufactures touchscreens....
We are one of the biggest producers in the World of the raw product that goes into the making of touch screens. TV screens. Mobile phone screens. lap tops. Tablets. The signs out side McDonalds etc. etc.
The parent company is Japanese we have one production plant in the UK. The rest of them are spread out all over the world.
I can only speak for my self but during this difficult time they have gone out of their way to help out the UK employees.
They are doing every thing possible to get the plants back on line SAFELY so you can continue to make your touch screens. :good:
Alpha1

#22 Post by Alpha1 »

Christel wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:Quite an interesting article regarding governments response to Covid-19......

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/487094-governm ... lock-down/
Load of "insert whichever expletives" you want.

There is a plan and the UK Government is following it, one could reflect on the numbers of imbeciles who has been out in society not abiding by the rules, spitting at other people, these imbeciles have very likely by now blood on their hands.

Sweden, don't even get me started, my relatives in Denmark are horrified at the treatment their neighbours have been exposed to.
:good:
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#23 Post by snayperskaya »

Alpha1 wrote:
We are one of the biggest producers in the World of the raw product that goes into the making of touch screens. TV screens. Mobile phone screens. lap tops. Tablets. The signs out side McDonalds etc. etc.
The parent company is Japanese we have one production plant in the UK. The rest of them are spread out all over the world.
I can only speak for my self but during this difficult time they have gone out of their way to help out the UK employees.
They are doing every thing possible to get the plants back on line SAFELY so you can continue to make your touch screens. :good:
Which raw material is that then?, as most are mined aren't they?.

I know China is the worlds largest producer of Indium Tin Oxide, which is vital for touch screens, and have a share of about 62% of the total global indium supplies as well as many other rare earth elements used in touch screens and also automotive electric batteries etc.It wasn't long back that China threatened to cut off the export of rare earth elements as a result of the trade war with the USA.
There are also major Russian rare earth element mining and processing facilities inside Russia, particularly in the East of the country that the US government deemed far to important to impose sanctions against due to global demand for these elements.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#24 Post by Pete »

And now they're proposing to sell 30 licenses to mine the abyssal plain................ kukkuk kukkuk kukkuk

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/deep-sea ... DrmCCgRMNE

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Christel
Site Admin

#25 Post by Christel »

Pete,

I am a royalist and a firm believer in the current Government - to the point they can't do wrong.

I am also a tree hugger, a vegetarian and I think Led Zep is one of the greatest bands to have ever played on this earth.

I detest (with a passion) Elon Musk, Piers/Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbot is not far behind.

I believe in the right to bear arms.

You will not find me online, apart from here, the Lincolnshire Bell Target forum and I have an eBay account.

I guess you knew all that based on my posts :)
Christel
Site Admin

#26 Post by Christel »

So what is the plan other than keep everyone on lockdown?.If there is a plan why is the NHS short of PPE and why wasn't something done in January when Covid-19 was already in the country?.

The Government know about Covid-19 at the beginning of the year but it took until mid-March to do anything......

Not looking to argue, I'm just asking :)[/quote]

My opinion...

Pretty sure the C19 virus was here end of last year. This is based on comments I have both heard and read and also on people who were frankly f*** for quite some time near me.

Also pretty sure the Government was aware of C19 in January, it was not reported/downplayed by China at the start which did not help.
A country that big has so few deaths, well if that is what the world is being told, why react?

PPE...in some places they have plenty, in others less so, I am pretty sure it is a logistical issue.
Doesn't help that PPE shipments from China are faulty.

As we are still going through the peak, lock down will not be lifted right now.

The 1.5m 12 weekers, their time will be extended. Over a certain age will be told to stay home/work from home.
Kids will go back to school in stages - social distancing/washing hands will be in place. This is similar to Denmark.

We are not just going to turn that leaf and a vaccine is not going to happen just like that, then there is a very good chance of yet another mutation.
From memory we have strain 2 in this country?

From a personal viewpoint, we have started changing the layout of the workshop to reflect a 2-3 meter distance between our customers and us. As I am a 12 weeker we have to keep Ovenpaa safe as well, besides he is an old git so needs protecting anyway :)

The new normal will be very different from the life before C19.

I am member of a club where when it opens again I can shoot without being near anyone.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#27 Post by snayperskaya »

If this article is right the strain of Covid-19 in France isn't from China or Italy.......

https://www.rt.com/news/487294-france-c ... aly-china/
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#28 Post by TRG-22 »

Christel wrote:In the midst of a pandemic Labour still find time to accuse the Tories.
Oh I wonder why?

F*S.
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
Alpha1

#29 Post by Alpha1 »

Don,t know about you guys but I am struggling with this lock down thing. I have never spent so much time at home doing nothing in all my life.

Anyway my wife said to me to night:

David I am worried about you. You are pacing through the House like a caged animal. She is so right.
I need to be doing some thing I replied. I can not cope with this.

OK she said I have a job for you that will keep you fully employed: Pause: You are waiting for the punch line.

My wife of 45 years is a retired seamstress. In her day she made expensive ladies underwear. Men,s made to measure suits and top end garments for fashion houses. She used to make all my shirts as well as other stuff.
She has a sewing room that contains some of the top end machines normally found in Industrial premises.

Apparently she is making face masks. I had a look at the prototypes and they are really good.

So tomorrow I am to become her trainee machinist. Pattern cutter etc. We will be distributing them initially to family and friends for free. And who knows I have a hospital within walking distance of my house. I just hope I don,t screw up.
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#30 Post by TRG-22 »

But don't wear this to the bank..

Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.