Life Before and After C19

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

Life Before and After C19

#1 Post by Christel »

I do not know how you are all coping with this new way of living. I hope you are all doing ok. We are fine here at the Chapel with the four hoodlums doing their best to play as hard and noisy as they can during daylight hours, up and down the stairs chasing eachother, tennis balls and bundles of old socks flying, then a few hours of sleep and then repeat :)

It will be a long time before we see anything resemble our old way of life, if we ever get there - it will take a vaccine to turn things around and even then I suspect there will still be precautions to be taken. It has mutated twice already and I doubt a vaccine will cover all...let alone any mutations that may follow.
The common flu vaccine does not cover all, as we know.

Before C19 it seemed that all I saw in the news were identity politics and political bickering. Oh yeah and Brexit.

When C19 hit the world those things seemed to go into the background. Unfortunately the bickering has started to creep back in, human nature I guess however it is still sad to see it emerging.

In the midst of a pandemic Labour still find time to accuse the Tories. Journalists still find time to write crap pieces full of suspicions and accusations.

What happened to good old fashioned "How can I help"?

If we all asked that daily the world would be a better place O:-)
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

Re: Life Before and After C19

#2 Post by GeeRam »

christel wrote: It will be a long time before we see anything resemble our old way of life, if we ever get there - it will take a vaccine to turn things around and even then I suspect there will still be precautions to be taken. It has mutated twice already and I doubt a vaccine will cover all...let alone any mutations that may follow.
The common flu vaccine does not cover all, as we know.
This is the reality of all our lives in the future for a long time to come, or maybe forever.
As some scientists keep pointing out, its a coronavirus that causes the common cold, and science hasn't found a cure or vaccine for that yet. If this turns out to be the equivalent of a common cold in terms of constant mutation but with such fatality and cross infection rates we're seeing then.........well, the implications on the human race will be profound.

The problem is many people simply can't grasp this....or don't want to.

The other issue is spreading from humans back into the animal world and back again creating even worse mutations.
There was a report in the press a few weeks back of a zoo somewhere that confirmed one of their big cats (female Lion I think) had tested positive after it started coughing and they suspected it contracted the virus from its zoo keeper that had tested positive some days beforehand.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#3 Post by Pippin89 »

I don't think a normal way of life will be back in our lifetimes. You can almost guarantee that once all is said and done there will be a "corona-tax" introduced in order to pay off the vast debt the country is incurring to pay our way through this. That debt must be hundreds of billions of pounds and we will be paying that off for the rest of our lives.
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#4 Post by Les »

christel wrote:In the midst of a pandemic Labour still find time to accuse the Tories. Journalists still find time to write crap pieces full of suspicions and accusations.
It's always easier to criticize than it is to come up with sensible solutions, and Labour and the press both have it down to a fine art.

Fortunately, the press will never run the country. And hopefully it will be a long while before Labour ever do again, too.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#5 Post by Dellboy »

Although there is the doom and gloom about the economy will it be that bad after all every country in the world has been hit will money just revalue ?

is it possible people may realise that some things are not as important as they thought ie new car new clothes (keeping up with the Jonses ) ?

The whole situation is beyond our control , ok maybe mistakes have been made but mistakes and accidents do happen , so maybe common sense will get us out of this alive (with a large portion of luck) .

We can blame China WHO Trump Boris or the bloke down the end of my road it wont change anything .

We are at the s*** creek paddle shop begging for a paddle .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#6 Post by snayperskaya »

Dellboy wrote:Although there is the doom and gloom about the economy will it be that bad after all every country in the world has been hit will money just revalue ?

is it possible people may realise that some things are not as important as they thought ie new car new clothes (keeping up with the Jonses ) ?

The whole situation is beyond our control , ok maybe mistakes have been made but mistakes and accidents do happen , so maybe common sense will get us out of this alive (with a large portion of luck) .

We can blame China WHO Trump Boris or the bloke down the end of my road it wont change anything .

We are at the s*** creek paddle shop begging for a paddle .

I really hope people do think about new cars once things do return to "normal"........I work for a company that is an OEM supplier to Jaguar Land Rover!!!.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#7 Post by Pete »

My next one's a Tesla............if they ditch the touchscreen in favour of knobs that can be operated without taking the eyes off the road............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#8 Post by Dellboy »

snayperskaya wrote:
Dellboy wrote: .

I really hope people do think about new cars once things do return to "normal"........I work for a company that is an OEM supplier to Jaguar Land Rover!!!.

Well the aftermarket spare situation will gobble your production up . I love old landrover products i think they paid my mortgage on more than one occasion :good:
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#9 Post by snayperskaya »

Dellboy wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:
Dellboy wrote: .

Well the aftermarket spare situation will gobble your production up . I love old landrover products i think they paid my mortgage on more than one occasion :good:
It won't unfortunately as we build new HVAC units for current models and supply JLR's Solihull and Castle Bromwich plants
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

Pippin89 wrote:I don't think a normal way of life will be back in our lifetimes. You can almost guarantee that once all is said and done there will be a "corona-tax" introduced in order to pay off the vast debt the country is incurring to pay our way through this. That debt must be hundreds of billions of pounds and we will be paying that off for the rest of our lives.
Yes and people are going to moan like crazy about it as well. So easy to forget what so many have done under horrendous conditions until you have to pay for it and at that point people will ask if it was necessary.

Rishi Sunak said the other day that the nations health comes first, I would like to agree with him.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal