Life Before and After C19

Moderator: dromia

snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Life Before and After C19

#41 Post by snayperskaya »

signfunnypost, post of the day so far! lol
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#42 Post by Alpha1 »

Dellboy wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:Don,t know about you guys but I am struggling with this lock down thing. I have never spent so much time at home doing nothing in all my life.

Anyway my wife said to me to night:

David I am worried about you. You are pacing through the House like a caged animal. She is so right.
I need to be doing some thing I replied. I can not cope with this.

OK she said I have a job for you that will keep you fully employed: Pause: You are waiting for the punch line.

My wife of 45 years is a retired seamstress. In her day she made expensive ladies underwear. Men,s made to measure suits and top end garments for fashion houses. She used to make all my shirts as well as other stuff.
She has a sewing room that contains some of the top end machines normally found in Industrial premises.

Apparently she is making face masks. I had a look at the prototypes and they are really good.

So tomorrow I am to become her trainee machinist. Pattern cutter etc. We will be distributing them initially to family and friends for free. And who knows I have a hospital within walking distance of my house. I just hope I don,t screw up.

Alpha i thought you had retired and were busy with your machines in the man cave ?
I have gone through a few periods of 'reflection' in this period but on the whole am learing new things which ive not had the time to do , these include

Autocad slow progress but getting the jist of it
Gardening (only if you can eat it )
Bit of woodwork (learnt that routers bite fingers easilly )
Reloading (should have stocked up with powder )
No seamstriss work although my office chair might be a crash course in upholstery

On a serious note i am thinking of going into semi retirement (if i can make the figures work ) as i apparently seem happier without the day to day business stress (cash could be a stumbling point though ).

Chill out and dont get wound up by others posts that to be honest werent that offensive .
In the cold light of day all though I don,t like the pictures and think they are degrading I have probably seen worse.
My first day as an apprentice face mask maker was rough. My wife is awesome. We (She) now have several different grades of masks. Ones that fit me and ones for the ladies.
One mask does not fit all so there have to be different sizes obviously. They are made out of all sorts of different materials we bought a load of disposable paper overall,s from a local B and M store then cut them up and made them into masks.
Any way I posted ten masks through my Sons letter box. Then distributed similar amounts to the family. Some of them are quite jazzy.
So every body in the family has enough masks to last them a life time.

And I don,t ever want to enter her sewing room ever again. I am knackered.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#43 Post by Alpha1 »

Mike95 wrote:You can make a good facemask from a bra...but only use the left cup...otherwise you will look like a right tit...

Mike95
Bra,s don,t work neither do knickers around your head underpants or nylon stockings. But properly made ones as per the Government guidelines do and I have a room full of them.
They are available to family and friends for free.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#44 Post by snayperskaya »

Best not let Covid-19 get in the way of a bit of Russia-bashing, not to mention Iran and China.....don't want the sheeple forgetting about the bogeymen!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -uk-agency
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#45 Post by Pete »

What New Zealand did right.............?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
TRG-22
Home club or Range: Make me an offer.

#46 Post by TRG-22 »

Where can we read about cyber attacks perpetrated by us?
Meanwhile, a dossier prepared by governments for the so-called Five Eyes nations, an intelligence alliance between Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the US, alleges that China deliberately suppressed or destroyed evidence of the coronavirus outbreak.
Shameful.

You'd never find the UK, or other 5-i nations suppressing or destroying evidence of f***-ups.

Oh, wait....
Tory voters. Next election. Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.