QuickLoad tips and tricks

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

QuickLoad tips and tricks

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

As a follow on from another thread, do you have any favourite tips or tricks for QuickLoad? To start it off:

Did you know you can change the temperature along with the powder in QL? The ability to change the temperature was available from quite early on, click the icon to the left of the powder drop down field and bottom left a new thermometer icon appears, click on this and enter the temperature in degrees F, when you change or toggle the powder the temperature and other changes are lost.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
spud
Home club or Range: Grovesmall Arms

Re: QuickLoad tips and tricks

#2 Post by spud »

printing results from QL is a thread on its won dave!!

im now having a new rifle built in a trial/test calibre and at the moment im trying to design the case with quick design so i can upload it to QL this is NOT the easiest operation
ImageImage
Ovenpaa

Re: QuickLoad tips and tricks

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

It can be awkward but I did not find QD too bad when I used it however I spend a lot of time with 2D and 3D when I am designing new items for the Shed.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Stuck
Home club or Range: Diggle

Quickload Software

#4 Post by Stuck »

Hi all,

Does anyone on here use the Quickload ballistic software?

Looking for opinions on what it's like to use & if it's worth the money.

Thank you,

Mick.
Infidel
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Quickload Software

#5 Post by Sim G »

How much is it now?

A few years ago I thought it was outrageously priced and I never thought it was all that...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Stuck

#6 Post by Stuck »

Sim G wrote:How much is it now?

A few years ago I thought it was outrageously priced and I never thought it was all that...
It's £125 which seems a lot to me, I've heard a few people raving about it & don't mind the cost if it's worth the money.
Infidel
Sim G
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Sim G »

Yep, still outrageously priced!

Remember, Quickload even states themselves that it is a theoretical program and should not replace published reloading manuals... Says it all really.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Stuck

#8 Post by Stuck »

Thanks Sim G,

That's £125 I can spend on something else then!
Infidel
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

I use it on a weekly basis and for theoretical work and it gives some useful information albeit the later versions are even more sanitised than the original.
/d

Shed Journal
Sim G
Past Supporter

#10 Post by Sim G »

I did miss one important fact that I should have mentioned. Entertainment value!

You can easily waste hours playing with Quickload....!! It is good fun.