7.62x39 Factory Ammo

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

7.62x39 Factory Ammo

#1 Post by Zilberbak »

A word of warning regarding Czech STV ammunition as it is rumoured that it doesn’t have corrosive primers, but having used it in my Saiga and leaving it a couple of days there was the beginnings of surface rust forming on the brake. I was hoping that l could stop flushing barrels and brakes with warm water especially with my Arsenal underfolder, which as the 3 part brake welded on to make up the barrel to minimum length requirements.

Normally put Barnaul blue non lacquered steel case through, but can’t find Barnaul blue or green available locally as l could before.

The spec sheet looks like it is the biz, but a bit of web work rumours it is rebadged Chinese surplus, whilst another rumour says it is fully re-worked in STV’s Czech factory to military standards. Nice laser etching on the cartridge would suggest it has been processed, but how much is questionable.

As l have bought a 500 round box looks like having to flush the barrels through for the foreseeable future.

If anyone knows any different it would be great to know. I rang the importer who couldn’t confirm anything about the primers.
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

Re: 7.62x39 Factory Ammo

#2 Post by DanTheMan »

I just treat all that ammo as corrosive, it's too cheap to ignore and shoots well enough. Never had an issue after flushing and oiling so just factor this into your post shoot clean.
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#3 Post by snayperskaya »

The STV branded 7.62x39 and 7.62x54r is indeed of Chinese origin and it actually came out of Albania.The Albanians had to get rid of their Combloc ammo and Ordnance as one of the conditions of joining NATO and the Czech STV Group and another Czech arms company bought up millions of rounds in various calibres and this is what is being sold on.The Chinese shipped millions of rounds of the stuff to Albania during the Cold War and it is basically the same ammo that the arms dealers in the movie War Dogs were trying to sell to the US Military but they got shopped for trying to pass off Chinese ammo by the "box man" because they forgot to pay him!.....the movie is worth a watch

It hasn't been reworked in any way and the primers are still corrosive.Best bet, as Dan said above, is treat all 54r and x39 surplus as corrosive regardless of what any says.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
RJ156

#4 Post by RJ156 »

Think I saw the same rumours, both the “non- corrosive” and the fact it’s repacked stuff from China or Albania