RCBS Bench top Auto Priming Tool

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: RCBS Bench top Auto Priming Tool

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

Mauserbill wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:08 pm Hello
Old skool Lee round top primer tool for L & S never had problems in all the years I have been using it "Also improves your grip strength" as an added bonus
I never had a problem with the original round tray ones either until the levers snapped or the lids cracked etc. I had them that long they just wore out. The newer versions are pap.
Alpha1

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

ukrifleman wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:30 pm I still use the Lee on-press safety prime.
It functions well on my turret press, with no possibility of a chain reaction if the primer in the ram goes off.
ukrifleman
I don,t use Lee presses I have no experience with the Lee safety prime. I have a Lee hand press that I use very occasionally I have some Lee dies and that,s about it.
Alpha1

#13 Post by Alpha1 »

The bench top priming tool is now fully functional I modified a Lyman large primer cup to fit the RCBS tool. It works great I feel a handloading session coming on. Probably 6.5 Creedmoor or 6.5x55. lollol
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#14 Post by Mauserbill »

Alpha1 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:38 pm
Mauserbill wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:08 pm Hello
Old skool Lee round top primer tool for L & S never had problems in all the years I have been using it "Also improves your grip strength" as an added bonus
I never had a problem with the original round tray ones either until the levers snapped or the lids cracked etc. I had them that long they just wore out. The newer versions are pap.

Hello
Yes the round top type levers were a weak point, but the later square top type fit, obtained from ebay at resonable cost together with tops, but now getting harder to find because of age. "Why do they change something that worked" I agree the newer type do not do the job as well.
Alpha1

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

Having had the opportunity to use both the RCBS bench primer and the hand primer I have come to the conclusion that priming once you have the primers loaded in the feed tube or the primer tray the bench primer is just as quick to use as the hand held one.
I prefer the bench primer and will be using it to prime all my cases both large and small. The hand primer will be my back up.
Alpha1

#16 Post by Alpha1 »

Having used it over the week end I really don't know why I waited so long to buy one of these RCBS bench primers. I love it.
Alpha1

#17 Post by Alpha1 »

I am very pleased with the RCBS bench priming tool I modified a large primer cup from a different manufacturer it works great. My Lee offerings can go in the bin. Actually I will put them up for sale at our Clubs monthly table top sale.
The hand held one is working great for small pistol primers in my underlevers money well spent.
Alpha1

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

I had a go with the bench top RCBS priming tool to night I tried cobbling up a Lyman primer arm on it . It does not work I also had issues using a Lee shell holder. I have tried ordering a RCBS shell holder and a large primer replacement primer holder but for now its unusable. I have got round it using other makes of priming tools which makes me question why I should bother investing any more money in it to get it to work.
Keep an eye on the for sale section.
Alpha1

#19 Post by Alpha1 »

Yes I know if I email RCBS and tell them what my problem is they will probably sent me replacement parts but that will take weeks. In the mean time I am shooting full bore four times a month.
PeterN

#20 Post by PeterN »

Your post on Feb 17th said it worked great. Now you are saying it doesn't work. What went wrong?
Regards
Peter.