Copper plated bullets

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
redcat
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

Copper plated bullets

#1 Post by redcat »

Does anyone use the 158gr copper plated .357 bullets from Hannam's? If so, what is your preferred powder and charge weight?

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: Copper plated bullets

#2 Post by Sim G »

I use 38spl data in magnum cases. 5.5gn of N320, for around 950fos. It is a really nice load to shoot. Accurate to beyond 50yds comfortably and around 2800 rounds per Vhit kilo!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Paul101
Home club or Range: Kings Lynn & St. Michael's R&P club + The Grove

Re: Copper plated bullets

#3 Post by Paul101 »

I use 4.2 gn of gm3 in a 357 case pushing 158gn copper coated bullets