De-hydrator

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

De-hydrator

#1 Post by 20series »

Peeps

I use an ultra-sonic cleaner for my brass and I'm thinking about buying a de-hydrator to speed up turn around.

Is anyone using one and can recommend a particular type please??

Cheers

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

Re: De-hydrator

#2 Post by Lancs Lad »

20series wrote:Peeps

I use an ultra-sonic cleaner for my brass and I'm thinking about buying a de-hydrator to speed up turn around.

Cheers

Alan
Stick them in the oven on a baking tray at 60 degrees for 30 minutes or so. Job done.

:flag13: LL
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Mine came off Amazon. I use it for Chillies mostly :)

You could always microwave the cases, start of at 90 seconds?

:run:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Individual
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Individual »

Ovenpaa wrote:
You could always microwave the cases, start of at 90 seconds?

:run:
I like this idea.

Would a small amount of n140 in each case enhance the drying process do you think?
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Yes good point, however I would go for a really fast pistol powder maybe N310, obviously you need to fill the cases...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
FredB
Home club or Range: stourport

#6 Post by FredB »

I put mine in the airing cupboard.
Fred
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#7 Post by dromia »

On the very rare occasions that I am forced to wet clean anything to do with handloading I put the cases in a box and have at them with a paint stripping hot air gun for 20-30 seconds whilst shoogling (technical term) the box and its contents.

Beware the cases will be hot to touch just after the drying process.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#8 Post by Daryll »

Lancs Lad wrote:
20series wrote:Peeps

Cheers

Alan
Stick them in the oven on a baking tray at 60 degrees for 30 minutes or so. Job done.

:flag13: LL

Yes, I do the same (although I go hotter, for shorter.. 100 degrees for 10-15 mins...)

I try to start the drying process off by rinsing them in hot water (with rinse-aid added) after they come out of the U/S bath.
The hot water heats them up so they start drying quickly as soon as they come out...
A quick roll around in a towel, then out into the sun, or into the oven, depending on the time of year...

Daryll.
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#9 Post by 20series »

Thanks all for the help, I use the oven method now and possibly stick with it thankssign

I must admit the idea of a hot air gun is a good one. :good: :good: :good: :good:

as for the microwave and powder I'd like to try it as a science experiment but I foresee some issues wtf wtf wtf wtf

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

20series wrote:.......as for the microwave and powder I'd like to try it as a science experiment but I foresee some issues wtf wtf wtf wtf

Alan
Wuss, just wait until Debs has gone out then get the extension lead out and test the concept in the back garden, I mean what on earth could go wrong?
/d

Shed Journal