Lead shot suppliers

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Gazza

Lead shot suppliers

#1 Post by Gazza »

Anyone know of a cheap/reasonable lead shot supplier?
I'm after around 5kg of 8-9mm shot.
Rockhopper

Re: Lead shot suppliers

#2 Post by Rockhopper »

Clay and game I think they are called - sell all kinds of reloading supplies. I imagine shipping would be the killer on shot though
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#3 Post by mag41uk »

Folkestone engineering
Sim G
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Sim G »

As said, Folkestone engineering. But, just a bit careful. 8 to 9mm is going to be .315 to .355. .33 max on SGC.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Gazza

#5 Post by Gazza »

This will be used in an fac shotgun which I am presuming will be ok?
Folkestone is cheap but they don't seem to sell the big stuff.
dodgyrog
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#6 Post by dodgyrog »

Kranks
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Sim G
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Sim G »

Gazza wrote:This will be used in an fac shotgun which I am presuming will be ok?
Folkestone is cheap but they don't seem to sell the big stuff.
If you go use five or less shot or if your shot pellets are greater than .33", they will be section 1 ammunition. Regardless of what classification of shotgun, you'd need section 1 shot on your ticket as well. Solid slug isn't the only section 1 ammo.

Personally, I found large shot difficult to get reliably. If you're going to shoot a little of it, buy factory. Eley Max 00 buck, (SG) is about nine quid a box. If you're going to shoot a lot of it, but a lead ball mold and a melter, use scrap flashing and jobs a good 'un. Lee even do a 18 cavity 00 buck mold....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Gazza

#8 Post by Gazza »

I never knew there was section 1 shot, only slug.
Thanks for the info. :good:
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#9 Post by bradaz11 »

shellhouse also make shot, but I don't know what sizes.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Gazza

#10 Post by Gazza »

The cheapest I've located so far is 5.40gbp per kg before postage so I'm now considering a mould and a few nights in the garage.