Reloading for the 6.5 creedmore

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Reloading for the 6.5 creedmore

#11 Post by Alpha1 »

I am busy drilling and tapping cases to fit the Shooting Sheds overall length gauge which is far superior to the Hornady offering.
I have ordered some stainless round bar stock and at the weekend I will machine a set of LE.Wilson type dies.
A neck sizing decapping die and a seater die for use with my Arbor press.

teanews hmm whats next.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

Pete wrote:I recently sold my 308.........a bit of a thug compared to the 6.5x47. The 6.5 is superior, especially at 1000-1200 yds.
Plus as WelshShooter said, buying the 123 and 136 Scenars in bulk from Europe saves a wad of cash, even taking shipping, exchange etc into account.

Pete
I must admit to being a 6.5mm fan, especially the 6,5x47 Lapua. I put 4 consecutive shots into a V bull at 1200 yards with mine a couple of years ago,the fifth shot falling in the 5 ring at low right. That was with pointed 123 grain Scenars my Accuracy International, 266" barrel, shortened Versa Pod bipod, suppressed with a 16x PMII. It is far nicer to shoot than the 308 Win however those little 123 grain Scenars do tend to get pushed around by the wind.

I remember Zak Smith doing a review of the 6,5x47Lap, 260 rem and 6.5CM a long while ago and it was this that sent me down the 6.5x47 path, interestingly I see lots of claims regarding 6.5CM accuracy which is interesting as it seems to be more accurate than other cartridges despite using the same class and weight of bullet.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
The Gun Pimp

#13 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Alpha1 wrote:I am busy drilling and tapping cases to fit the Shooting Sheds overall length gauge which is far superior to the Hornady offering.
I have ordered some stainless round bar stock and at the weekend I will machine a set of LE.Wilson type dies.

teanews hmm whats next.
What's next? Definitely a full-length body/bump die. Incidentally the OAL gauge will be more accurate using a case fired in your chamber then re-sized.
Alpha1

#14 Post by Alpha1 »

The Gun Pimp wrote:
Alpha1 wrote:I am busy drilling and tapping cases to fit the Shooting Sheds overall length gauge which is far superior to the Hornady offering.

teanews hmm whats next.
What's next? Definitely a full-length body/bump die. Incidentally the OAL gauge will be more accurate using a case fired in your chamber then re-sized.
They are once fired cases. :good:
Alpha1

#15 Post by Alpha1 »

I have ordered a body die and 100 Starline cases.

teanews hmm whats next.
Tomo

#16 Post by Tomo »

Ovenpaa wrote: I put 4 consecutive shots into a V bull at 1200 yards with mine a couple of years ago,the fifth shot falling in the 5 ring at low right.
I shot this 5 shot group on Stickledown @ 1000 yds a few weeks back during a lull in wind conditions with my Gen 1 Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I was using 139gr Scenar bullets in Lapua SR brass with RS62 powder.

The Gun Pimp

#17 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Alpha1 wrote:
The Gun Pimp wrote:

teanews hmm whats next.
They are once fired cases. :good:
In your chamber - of course?
Alpha1

#18 Post by Alpha1 »

Actually, the cases are for a friend of mine who purchased a Bergara in 6.5 Creedmoor he regularly shoots it at 1200 yards on a privately owned range. I think it's in Scotland. My Ruger precision is paid for I got a cracking deal from my local firearms dealer it's sitting in his shop waiting for me to collect it once my ticket comes back hopefully early next week. Then I can start prepping and building my own stuff for it.
To morrow, I am going to make a neck bushing die and a seater die for it.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

Erm.. your local gun shop has accepted payment for a firearm for which you do not have authority to own? I hope not as that would be breaking the law.

s3(2) Firearms Act 1968 states:

It is an offence for a person to sell or transfer to any other person in the United Kingdom, other than a registered firearms dealer, any firearm or ammunition to which section 1 of this Act applies, or a shot gun, unless that other produces a firearm certificate authorising him to purchase or acquire it or, as the case may be, his shot gun certificate, or shows that he is by virtue of this Act entitled to purchase or acquire it without holding a certificate.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Alpha1

#20 Post by Alpha1 »

Ovenpaa wrote:Erm.. your local gun shop has accepted payment for a firearm for which you do not have authority to own? I hope not as that would be breaking the law.

s3(2) Firearms Act 1968 states:

It is an offence for a person to sell or transfer to any other person in the United Kingdom, other than a registered firearms dealer, any firearm or ammunition to which section 1 of this Act applies, or a shot gun, unless that other produces a firearm certificate authorising him to purchase or acquire it or, as the case may be, his shot gun certificate, or shows that he is by virtue of this Act entitled to purchase or acquire it without holding a certificate.
That explains a lot. I was not aware of that but my local dealer obviously has a better understanding of the laws regarding selling or transferring firearms than I do.
No laws have been broken regarding this transaction. Hopefully, I will be able to collect it next week when my certificate comes back.
Last edited by Alpha1 on Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.