22lr tracer

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

22lr tracer

#1 Post by Dellboy »

Can you still buy it ? i did think there was a post on here but couldnt find it
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021

Re: 22lr tracer

#2 Post by Dellboy »

i take it they look like these ?
Attachments
tracer.jpg
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by 1066 »

Still commonly available in other parts of the world but none being imported here as far as I know. Eley stopped making it 10 or more years ago, when I contacted Eley they told me the machinery had been destroyed and they had no plans to replace it.

Great fun to shoot but it seems to have a limited shelf life - when reasonable fresh every one would trace well. After being stored for a while only about 1 in 5 traced.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021

#4 Post by Dellboy »

how many in a sealed 1.5 kilo bag ....
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

#5 Post by 1066 »

Dellboy wrote:how many in a sealed 1.5 kilo bag ....
452. (just a guess based on 50 gn per round) 137 = 1lb....452 = 1.5k

Not worth a lot if they won't trace. :)
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#6 Post by breacher »

I used it back in the 90s - it really raised my awareness of just how random the trajectory is when you saw the ricochets when shooting or should I say, missing rabbits.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Gazza

#7 Post by Gazza »

Have you got some Dell? Please send :good:
About 500 to start with.
Some 17HMR tracers would be nice too.
Blackstuff

#8 Post by Blackstuff »

They're be plenty of people wanting to buy them so i think the market is there. I amaware of just how hazardous the stuff is though and imagine the shipping procedures/costs are the main thing stopping it being available :bad:
DVC
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#9 Post by Mattnall »

breacher wrote:I used it back in the 90s - it really raised my awareness of just how random the trajectory is when you saw the ricochets when shooting or should I say, missing rabbits.
I wouldn't be surprised if the tracer element separated from the bullet after impact and went off in a different direction to the bullet.

On an ETR I have seen on several occasions a tracer round go through the first target and the bullet travel on to hit the second target ('shoot through') but the tracer go off in all directions and on more than one instance the tracer went off in two directions.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#10 Post by breacher »

Mattnall wrote:
breacher wrote:I used it back in the 90s - it really raised my awareness of just how random the trajectory is when you saw the ricochets when shooting or should I say, missing rabbits.
I wouldn't be surprised if the tracer element separated from the bullet after impact and went off in a different direction to the bullet.

On an ETR I have seen on several occasions a tracer round go through the first target and the bullet travel on to hit the second target ('shoot through') but the tracer go off in all directions and on more than one instance the tracer went off in two directions.
Interesting point - never thought of that !

And here was me - worried for years how many residents of Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire had become collateral damage...........
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire