Chiappa Rhino LBR

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
jack1
Home club or Range: Sittingbourne rifle and pistol club

Chiappa Rhino LBR

#1 Post by jack1 »

HI
Has anybody figured out a competitive 38 spl load for the Chiappa Rhino LBR. I want to shoot off hand single handed at 25 mtrs to a PL7 target

Also has there been any discoloration/ marking to the black version

Thanks bangbang

Jack
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: Chiappa Rhino LBR

#2 Post by Gh0st »

Surely it will be a case of working the load up depending on what consumables you use? or are you looking for recommendations on where to start from scratch?
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
jack1

#3 Post by jack1 »

Gh0st wrote:Surely it will be a case of working the load up depending on what consumables you use? or are you looking for recommendations on where to start from scratch?
I know how it works after over 30 years of hand loading (including real handguns) I just wondered if any one hand suggestions
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#4 Post by FredB »

Back in the real pistol shooting days, the standard 38 special load was 2.8 grn of Bullseye with a 148grn hollow based wadcutter seated flush with the end of the case. I also used a 150grn semi wadcutter a lot with 4.5grn of Unique. It is actually difficult to produce an inaccurate load for a 38sp.
Fred
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Blackstuff »

FredB wrote: It is actually difficult to produce an inaccurate load for a 38sp.
Fred
PPU did a cracking job of it when i used to use their stuff in my LBR and 1894C! lol
DVC
jack1

#6 Post by jack1 »

Blackstuff wrote:
FredB wrote: It is actually difficult to produce an inaccurate load for a 38sp.
Fred
PPU did a cracking job of it when i used to use their stuff in my LBR and 1894C! lol
Yes, I saw some reasonable results on a Taurus LBR and that has to be good on a Taurus
scouseneil
Home club or Range: Fulwood

#7 Post by scouseneil »

140gn T/C over 3.0 gn Tightgroup would just fine in my LBR
Sim G
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Sim G »

There must be a half a dozen Rhino LBRs in my club at the minute! Most, are actually in 9mm flavour! Rumour has it, there's a .40 S&W on the drawing board!

Fred's dead right. .38 spl is very forgiving. Personally, I preferred 6.0gns of HS6 over 2.8 of Bullseye. I like as much case space utilised as possible.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!