Loading the 6.5 Creedmoor

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
nigelc
Home club or Range: Swadlincote Rifle & Pistol Club, Offas Dyke

Loading the 6.5 Creedmoor

#1 Post by nigelc »

Anyone using VihtaVuori N160, or other vv powders, for loading their 6.5 Creedmoor? I intend to use Sierra 142gr Matchking's in Starline large primer brass, shot out of a Tikka t3x TAC A1 with a 24in barrel. However, the load data on the VihtaVuori web-site is only for small primer brass and appears to be very conservative when compared to the loads being discussed on various gun forums (yes, I know this is not always secure data), but also the data I am getting from QuickLoad when I input their suggested start and max loads.

Any help would be appreciated.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

Re: Loading the 6.5 Creedmoor

#2 Post by phaedra1106 »

36-38gr of N150 using a Starline SRP case, Murom KVB-223M primer and Nosler 140s.

You're correct about the Viht data, it's the same load data they published originally when they had large primer cases listed.

Laurie Holland has written several very informative articles regarding the 6.5CM loads, there's a couple of very interesting threads on UKV he's contributed to.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
DOGGER2UK
Site Supporter Since 2019

#3 Post by DOGGER2UK »

Same rifle. Lapua small primer cases CCI BR-4 primers 35.5 gr Viht N150 139 gr Lapua Scenar 69mm OAL. 743 mtr/sec.Very accurate.
It ain't me.
nigelc
Home club or Range: Swadlincote Rifle & Pistol Club, Offas Dyke

#4 Post by nigelc »

Thanks for your replies - very helpful.