Case prep stations

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Case prep stations

#1 Post by Dellboy »

What are people using for case prep ie deburing primer pocket cleaning etc

lyman hornaby etc electric manual whats peoples recomendations
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Ballistol

Re: Case prep stations

#2 Post by Ballistol »

Used one of these for years, makes the process easy. https://youtu.be/mrkFBCyROnU

Upgraded last year to this, to allow case trimming on the same station, very pricey but I picked mine up reasonably 2nd hand. https://youtu.be/cjw5vU1a4nY
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#3 Post by FredB »

i use a small, bench top lathe. In addition to the usual case prep jobs, I need to be able to shorten cases and trim flanges etc for the obsolete calibres that I shoot.
Fred
Sim G
Past Supporter

#4 Post by Sim G »

I have a Lyman trimmer and an RCBS case prep machine. In all honesty I tend to revert back to Lee case length gauge and trimmer with the wooden ball and a RCBS chamfer and debur tool as it looks like a rocket! lol Primer pocket cleaning I tend to use the Lee tool again, but that’s after I’ve used the case prep centre to uniform the primer pockets.

It’s a bit of a ritual, case prep for me. But I do the stages in batches as I find it a real PITA!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
rox

#5 Post by rox »

Dellboy wrote:What are people using for case prep ie deburing primer pocket cleaning etc
Home made stainless tumbler.
Cleans primer pockets, deburrs case mouth.
500 cases at a time, while I do something else.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

rox wrote:
Dellboy wrote:What are people using for case prep ie deburing primer pocket cleaning etc
Home made stainless tumbler.
Cleans primer pockets, deburrs case mouth.
500 cases at a time, while I do something else.
So how does an home home made stainless tumbler clean primer pockets and deburr case mouths 500 at a time. ?
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#7 Post by dromia »

I suspect he is referring to the home made tumbler using stainless steel pins for cleaning and the pins are also known to peen the case mouths.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
rox

#8 Post by rox »

dromia wrote:I suspect he is referring to the home made tumbler using stainless steel pins for cleaning and the pins are also known to peen the case mouths.
I don't think tiny little pins floating in water can peen case mouths. Collisions between cases might, but I've never experienced it; maybe it only occurs with thin walled cases.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#9 Post by dromia »

There is quiet a bit of discussion and apparent evidence about it especially amongst BPCR shooters/handloaders that use pins.

Don't know either way myself as I can't abide the damned things.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#10 Post by Alpha1 »

dromia wrote:I suspect he is referring to the home made tumbler using stainless steel pins for cleaning and the pins are also known to peen the case mouths.
Never thought of that. Only tumbler I have ever used has corn cob or some kind of media in it.