This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: .223

#21 Post by kennyc »

bnz41 wrote:
safetyfirst wrote:Lovely rifle.

Is a flash hider a licensable item?

Both my AR15’s came with standard flash hiders which I removed from them both.

Can I not give these to people?
Found a company selling AR15 flash hiders for £26 + proofing, then saw this.

Please note: flash hiders can only be sent to your local Registered Firearms Dealer for a face to face transaction with the appropriate paperwork.

I did not know that.....
"proofing" ? FFS ! :o
Gazza

#22 Post by Gazza »

Why doesn't a well educated seasoned shooter sit down with the numpties that make up this tosh and steer them to write clear, concise, foolproof legislation? :D
Ebay has loads of flash hiders teanews
daryldiane
Home club or Range: Bisley

#23 Post by daryldiane »

I did look on eBay. All the flashiders on eBay uk were for air soft.
There were some brakes that looked suspiciously like flashiders though.
Have a brake anyway that came with the rifle.
Will probably go for a licensed moderator.
Gazza

#24 Post by Gazza »

I've noticed a lot of AR stuff is sold on Ebay as air soft but is the same stuff, dimension wise anyway as a firearm.
Ive bought nut shims, hand guards and barrel nuts for air soft AR's which fit my CMMG
Maybe its an Ebay policy not to sell "proper" AR stuff but OK to sell air soft AR gear. :)
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#25 Post by Mattnall »

As far as I am aware flash hiders are controlled in as much as you will need authority to possess, ie an FAC with a suitable rifle/slot. It doesn't need a specific individual slot for possession.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
TattooedGun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#26 Post by TattooedGun »

This came up a couple of years ago and I ended up asking the Home Office for clarification.

The outcome can be found here:

http://blog.stegough.com/flash-hiders-a ... in-the-uk/
Sim G
Past Supporter

#27 Post by Sim G »

Flash hiders are subjected to legislation because the law says they are. It’s been like that for some 50 years.

That’s why my rifles that have them are fitted with and bought as muzzle brakes....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!