Miniature Cannon

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

Attleborough

Miniature Cannon

#1 Post by Attleborough »

I'm considering buying a miniature cannon probably in .69 calibre. So far I've found Ardesa and Dolphin but at this point Google can't find me anything else available in the UK - perhaps it's my search terms? Anyone know of any other cannon manufactures which are available in the UK?

Also interested to learn of any suppliers of cannon carriage kits available to the UK. While I've found plenty of plans via Google, I don't have the necessary to make from scratch but I'm ok at assembly.

I know there few on this forum that have cannons - interested to learn how you have got on with cannons from either of the above manufacturers.

Thanks.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Miniature Cannon

#2 Post by dromia »

Mine is a Jurek which is basically the Ardessa Napoleon 3 in .70"

Barrel is just fine, for a cannon and the carriage and accessories are not too bad a finish either, it certainly looks the business although what Gribeauval's thoughts on it would I wouldn't know.

Shoots absolutely great, get her stoked up at least 70 gns of Swiss FG and a couple of generous tow wads to help centre the ball and it will hold the middle of the target at 50 yrds all day long, provided you have mastered the sighting, which is of the Asperley Aimless type.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Attleborough

Re: Miniature Cannon

#3 Post by Attleborough »

Thanks Dromia

Seems many of the models I have viewed have the same sighting system applied, but it's good to know we have a reliable UK distributor for parts, should they be needed...
dromia wrote:I'm also the sole UK distributor for the Asperley Aimless range of firearms.