FG 42

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

huntervixen
Home club or Range: The Severn Side Range

Re: FG 42

#31 Post by huntervixen »

Just got my hands on an original FG42 ZF4 scope "L" marked ddx manufacture...interesting scope, in very good order.
Two margarines .... is there anything worse? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4cEocL5kI
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#32 Post by HALODIN »

Nice find, that's got to be worth a small fortune.
huntervixen wrote:Just got my hands on an original FG42 ZF4 scope "L" marked ddx manufacture...interesting scope, in very good order.
PaulR

#33 Post by PaulR »

huntervixen wrote:Just got my hands on an original FG42 ZF4 scope "L" marked ddx manufacture...interesting scope, in very good order.
Piccies...........?

Nice find...........has it got the mount as well?

Are you looking to sell it, I know someone who may be interested or are you keeping it for when you get your FG42 ;) ;) ?

PaulR
PaulR

"Try to fly in the middle of the air. The edges can be recognized by water, ground, rocks, and interstellar space. It is much easier to not hit anything in the middle of the air than it is anywhere near the edges."
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#34 Post by saddler »

HALODIN wrote:Nice find, that's got to be worth a small fortune.
small - yes
fortune - no

The Zf4 was used on a few guns, not just the FG42, so they are not that rare
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#35 Post by dromia »

I've got one on my BSA Sportsman 5. :good: :grin:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
huntervixen
Home club or Range: The Severn Side Range

#36 Post by huntervixen »

PaulR wrote:
Piccies...........?

Nice find...........has it got the mount as well?

Are you looking to sell it, I know someone who may be interested or are you keeping it for when you get your FG42 ;) ;) ?

PaulR
Hi Paul,

First off, sorry I didn't reply to your pm the other day...one of life's little crisis's got in the way and I forgot... to answer your pm question, my surplus ppu.308 (100 rds) is now lodged with Richard Stork (The Devizes Gunsmith) ....absolutly first rate guy by the way....throughly recommend him to anyone....I am now very happily maxed out on GGG!

Though Zf4 scopes aren't uncommon, FG42 set up examples are quite rare.

No mount unfortunately, but it does have the front and rear protectors (repro I think) I did buy this little beauty to sell on my site and am still researching it.

It appears "L" marked ZF4's were Luftwaffe purchase and set up for the FG42 (I found this out after buying) marked ddx (code for Voightländer und Sohn, Braunschweig) the optics are very good (very light haze) perfectly usable and the adjusters turn freely, all in all a very tidy scope!

See pics below
Attachments
ZF4 2.jpg
ZF4 1.jpg
Two margarines .... is there anything worse? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4cEocL5kI
HALODIN

#37 Post by HALODIN »

There's lots of info here.

http://claus.espeholt.dk/zf4.html

HALODIN

#38 Post by HALODIN »

The video below shows members of the Free Syrian Army who are fighting against the forces of Syrian “President” Bashar al-Assad that have stumbled upon a contrainer full of rifles. The rebel member who posted the video mistakenly claimed that they had found 5,000 AK-47s. Nope, turns out they stumbed upon 5,000 German WWII STG-44 rifles. :shakeshout:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EsCle4ooM0#![/youtube]
HALODIN

#39 Post by HALODIN »

I stumbled across the youtube channel of the company that makes the straight pull mp38's mp44's, FG42[I/II]'s.

jay851
Home club or Range: nra bisley

#40 Post by jay851 »

sorry to drag this old thread up, but had an email from ssd saying their uk dealer is bond and bywater in lancashire. very tempted with the bd42 or bd44.
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12G
pietta cattleman mlp .44
Remington 1100 12G
Toz66 sxs hammer gun 12g
Remington 700 Magpul .308
FN2000 .22lr (ongoing project)

Slot for 7.62 × 39 and .303