FG 42

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: FG 42

#11 Post by kennyc »

if memory serves, there is a replica FG42 on sale in straight pull, and possibly 22LR, I also found this on the web.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#12 Post by HALODIN »

Nice find. Seems they offer the type 1 FG42 as well. The type 2 FG42 is € 7,450 and they also offer StG44's at € 2,690 and MP38's at € 2,480. Wow war bling.

More pics here http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51 ... 135701.jpg
kennyc wrote:if memory serves, there is a replica FG42 on sale in straight pull, and possibly 22LR, I also found this on the web.
PaulR

#13 Post by PaulR »

German Sort Guns do a .22 MP44, looks quite good, apparently real weight:

http://www.gsg-waffen.de/site/index.php ... 44-tech-de

This bunch make the ful bore FG42 in straight pull amongst other interesting stuff like the STG43 and 44:

http://www.ssd-weapon.com/web_en/produkte_en.htm

Here's my Straight Pull STG44 imported directly from Sport-Systeme Dittrich. It's in 7.96x33 Kirtz and shoots a 4 inch group at 200 yds - honest! Lovely little round - in fact as I understand it, it was the first choice of round that was considered when designing the FAL.

Cheers

PaulR
PaulR

"Try to fly in the middle of the air. The edges can be recognized by water, ground, rocks, and interstellar space. It is much easier to not hit anything in the middle of the air than it is anywhere near the edges."
PaulR

#14 Post by PaulR »

Sports Dittrich have a new site:

http://www.ssd-weapon.com/Home.html

Cheers

PaulR
PaulR

"Try to fly in the middle of the air. The edges can be recognized by water, ground, rocks, and interstellar space. It is much easier to not hit anything in the middle of the air than it is anywhere near the edges."
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#15 Post by saddler »

meles meles wrote:The Londinium branch is still going strong and meets at the Imperial War Museum. However, as we understand it, the curators there don't take any guns out of their display cases whereas at the RA they are far more obliging...
...oh, they DO take fings out

The Stg45 was a Volksturm issue job - quite Heath Robinson but it worked

The 7.92 x 33 WAS a nice round in its day - I'll stick with my 6.8 x 43 instead
Sim G

#16 Post by Sim G »

PaulR wrote:Here's my Straight Pull STG44 imported directly from Sport-Systeme Dittrich.

Now, I really am not the envious type, not by a long chalk. But, I have just had a massive attack of the green eyed monster!!!

I really, really like that! What's the details? Availability, price, cost of mags, dies, brass etc.

I need more info!!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#17 Post by saddler »

Sim G wrote:
PaulR wrote:Here's my Straight Pull STG44 imported directly from Sport-Systeme Dittrich.

Now, I really am not the envious type, not by a long chalk. But, I have just had a massive attack of the green eyed monster!!!

I really, really like that! What's the details? Availability, price, cost of mags, dies, brass etc.

I need more info!!
There's these things on the interweb
They're called hot-links
What ya do is click on the blue text & a new web page opens up

Ask yer missus or one of the kids to show ya :55:
Sim G

#18 Post by Sim G »

saddler wrote:
Ask yer missus or one of the kids to show ya :55:

I can't, they're not speaking to me......... again!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#19 Post by HALODIN »

Wow PaulR, that's beautiful. I take it straight pull means you cock it per shot. Is that right? How come all of their guns are listed as semi-auto?

I would love a type 1 fg42... fingerscrossed
saddler

#20 Post by saddler »

HALODIN wrote:Wow PaulR, that's beautiful. I take it straight pull means you cock it per shot. Is that right?

On their website, they're all listed as semi-auto, do they offer straight pull versions of all of their guns?
ON the website they also state that guns can be supplied as straight-pull bolt actions = so that'd be YES, they do (but only certain models, so it seems = so also NO :run: )