on bbc east midland news

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
andrew375

on bbc east midland news

#1 Post by andrew375 »

"Consciousness is a lie your brain tells you to make you think you know what you are doing." Professor Maria Goncalves.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. George Orwell.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: on bbc east midland news

#2 Post by 20series »

Excellent bit of positive press

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#3 Post by Pippin89 »

Her saying she can't talk to her friends about her achievements because of the stigma around it hits home... I won a couple of county leagues this year and my family don't know because one of my sisters has a problem with it so it's easier to just not discuss it. Very sad state and to hear a 14 year old going through the same thing is heart breaking. Good on her for getting out there and spreading the word though.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#4 Post by 20series »

Pippin89 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:27 am Her saying she can't talk to her friends about her achievements because of the stigma around it hits home... I won a couple of county leagues this year and my family don't know because one of my sisters has a problem with it so it's easier to just not discuss it. Very sad state and to hear a 14 year old going through the same thing is heart breaking. Good on her for getting out there and spreading the word though.
I hope she sticks with it, well done her.

I have never hidden my sport from people, back in the day when I was competing to a reasonable level in prone smallbore my company magazine even did an article. I did get a couple of negative comments but generally ignored them.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#5 Post by Pippin89 »

20series wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:44 am I have never hidden my sport from people, back in the day when I was competing to a reasonable level in prone smallbore my company magazine even did an article. I did get a couple of negative comments but generally ignored them.

Alan
I wouldn't say I hide it as such. But we have a group chat for the family and I definitely can't post it in there where it would naturally go because the 1 sister will kick off about it...
jmc67
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley

#6 Post by jmc67 »

Wow. Must admit, I am surprised to see positive news around shooting, but good on her and the BBC for this.
flamoudi
Home club or Range: CVPC Ashgill Scotland

#7 Post by flamoudi »

She came across really well. We need such good ambassadors.