schmidt rubin chargers and magazine price

Pre 1945 action rifles. Muzzle loading.

Moderator: dromia

bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

schmidt rubin chargers and magazine price

#1 Post by bradaz11 »

If I was going to buy some of the original metal and card chargers, how much should I be paying at a fair rate?

how much should a magazine for a 96/11 cost me?
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
James84

Re: schmidt rubin chargers and magazine price

#2 Post by James84 »

Not cheap... I paid £12 for an original card charger at War and Peace a few years ago. The sites that were selling them (Valmont etc.) seem to have dried up. eBay has plenty, but they're £20 + postage now (and expensive postage from the US)...

I bought 6 of the moulded ones when I was in the US and swear by them. They're very good.

As for the magazines, I've never seen one for sale in the UK. I took a quick look and found a few sites in the US with them for ~$100 - £140. I'm sure there will be some around in Europe but going by what I've just seen, I'd say expect £100 + postage. It might be worth keeping an eye on the likes of D&B Militaria, as they list random weapon parts and update regularly. Also MJL Militaria.
DanTheMan
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#3 Post by DanTheMan »

bradaz11 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:04 pm If I was going to buy some of the original metal and card chargers, how much should I be paying at a fair rate?
£23 delivered
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274886296597
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#4 Post by bradaz11 »

thanks guys, gives me something to work from
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#5 Post by bradaz11 »

James84 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:22 am Not cheap... I paid £12 for an original card charger at War and Peace a few years ago. The sites that were selling them (Valmont etc.) seem to have dried up. eBay has plenty, but they're £20 + postage now (and expensive postage from the US)...

I bought 6 of the moulded ones when I was in the US and swear by them. They're very good.

As for the magazines, I've never seen one for sale in the UK. I took a quick look and found a few sites in the US with them for ~$100 - £140. I'm sure there will be some around in Europe but going by what I've just seen, I'd say expect £100 + postage. It might be worth keeping an eye on the likes of D&B Militaria, as they list random weapon parts and update regularly. Also MJL Militaria.
yeah i've never seen mags before, so have zero idea on price.

got any more details on the moulded clips?
James84

#6 Post by James84 »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/312549056400

They're these things. Again, not cheap! but they last and work very well. They're $24 for 2 delivered in the US but if you invest and buy 5 on ebay, the postage stays as $18 and there shouldn't be any import duty on them, so it'll be about £80 for 5
RJ156

#7 Post by RJ156 »

So I’ve given up on idea of an original, so I was gonna get some of the plastic ones you are doing the rounds.

Regarding magazines (and clips too I guess) this link may help. Yes that’s k31 but may get lucky and find they do 11/89

https://www.gunfactory.ch/langwaf/k31_m ... 52332322=1
RJ156

#8 Post by RJ156 »

RJ156 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:31 pm So I’ve given up on idea of an original, so I was gonna get some of the plastic ones you are doing the rounds.

Regarding magazines (and clips too I guess) this link may help. Yes that’s k31 but may get lucky and find they do 11/89

https://www.gunfactory.ch/langwaf/k31_m ... 52332322=1
They do em, WF bern magazine, and there is an option for 96/11