Three stage triggers

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Robin128

Re: Three stage triggers

#11 Post by Robin128 »

Someone shoots a Mauser 22lr with a set trigger...is that the same thing? It has 2 triggers...pull one to set it and breath on the other to release it.

Trouble is, he sometimes forgets which trigger he is pulling to set it when the barrel is above the butts on a NDA range.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:
R.G.C

#12 Post by R.G.C »

Robin128 wrote:Someone shoots a Mauser 22lr with a set trigger...is that the same thing? It has 2 triggers...pull one to set it and breath on the other to release it.

Trouble is, he sometimes forgets which trigger he is pulling to set it when the barrel is above the butts on a NDA range.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:
Tis is a set trigger, typicall of many german hinting rifles. The set makes the heavy 2 stages trigger a very ught single stage one. The single stage light pull operation is often quite erratic.

Ovenpaa,

I suddenly remember the S+L M62 has a set trigger which allow a single stage operation at heavy pulls weights (1,5kgs for UK MR for instance). A friend in Scotland successfully converted his M62 in fitting successfully a C.G 2 stages one....It was not a simple opeeration and, if he learned a lot in the experience, I did as well.....

The 3 stages operatuin you mention has perhaps to do with this dind of original S+L triggeroperation? I was a reliable trigger att he time, but if the new S+L persists in using this omlicated principle, they will be decaades behind....

Or maybe your interlocutor mentionned a 3 Levers trigger, as the OEM Remington single stage is for isntance, in opposition to the 2 levers mode of most american single Stage triggers?

R.G.C
Robin128

#13 Post by Robin128 »

Thanks for info RGC

:)
Ovenpaa

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

Robert, as far as I know the M97 S&L and the new Victory both have two stage triggers, S&L do have a new trigger but I am not sure if it has been released yet nor do I know how it has been 'improved'

The three stage reference was directed at Christel because of the way she checked the trigger pull, apparently her trigger style was not appropriate for the S&L and would be better placed for 'three stage competition triggers' At that point the chap we were speaking dragged us through a whirl wind tour of the barrel manufacturing facility so I did not pursue it any further.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
R.G.C

#15 Post by R.G.C »

ovenpaa wrote:Robert, as far as I know the M97 S&L and the new Victory both have two stage triggers, S&L do have a new trigger but I am not sure if it has been released yet nor do I know how it has been 'improved'

The three stage reference was directed at Christel because of the way she checked the trigger pull, apparently her trigger style was not appropriate for the S&L and would be better placed for 'three stage competition triggers' At that point the chap we were speaking dragged us through a whirl wind tour of the barrel manufacturing facility so I did not pursue it any further.
Ovenpaa,

A 2 stage trigger, poorly adjusted with too much engagement left after taking on the first pull stage can 'react' as if there was 3 stages...but then, the second stage is very creepy and the "third" one is the most erratic on let-off.

R.G.C