Faith No More / Ozzy / Hetfield

Post a picture or Youtube of something interesting, no peaches or muffins please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
If your post is vaguely 'Not Work Safe' please include NWS in the Subject field.
dave_303

Re: Faith No More / Ozzy / Hetfield

#21 Post by dave_303 »

HALODIN wrote:That depends how you define genre and I suspect however you define it, I won't agree with you. There have been some monumental bands out there and I wouldn't personally put Linkin Park anywhere near any of them!

[inbound!]

There have been many bands with original sounds within the genre, however, (very much in my opinion) since Sabbath's first album, 'metal' maintained it's own sound with some variations between, ie. the rise of British Heavy Metal, Power metal, glam etc.... hell, even Pantera (one of the finest metal bands to have ever existed) still maintained a distinct quality that metal had at the time. Hybrid Theory was the first album to solidify what 'nu-metal' could be, with a fascinating mix of metal, industrial and hip-hop, a mix even RATM could not achieve despite being possibly the best 'rap metal' band to have ever existed.

Linkin Park sadly couldn't follow up on this, Meteora was a good album, and the mix they did with Jay-Z was good, and from there, well the least said the better.
Some bands regress (Linkin Park), Some bands progress and some bands get away, Like Slayer, with making the same album 11 times over.
Christel
Site Admin

#22 Post by Christel »

Making the same album 11 times over...pretty sure the band who can claim that price is Status Quo, band name says it all.
Ovenpaa

#23 Post by Ovenpaa »

Seems to me Led Zep have been releasing the same albums at least as many times as well, Jimmy Page must be down to his last few tens of millions...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal