FAC Questions

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: FAC Questions

#61 Post by Blackstuff »

Dazza9t9 wrote:I'm starting to fill my FAC in and in the ammo section there is no Column for hold or purchase. It states caliber and amount that is it.
How do I ask for 1000 purchase with 1200 hold?

Sent from my boing using "An application"
The purchase limit has been done away with since December last year, you only have a hold limit now
DVC
Dazza9t9

#62 Post by Dazza9t9 »

Brilliant thank you.
Ovenpaa

#63 Post by Ovenpaa »

Dazza9t9 - you should be submitting using the new Form 201 available here http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=15236 The good news is you can fill it in on your computer as opposed to using a pen, handy of your writing is as bad as mine :lol:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dazza9t9

#64 Post by Dazza9t9 »

That link is not working for me. I downloaded the form off North Yorkshire website a few days ago

Sent from my boing using "An application"
LDC1982

#65 Post by LDC1982 »

just filling out my 1st FAC application and some questions have cropped up:

1: Referee, do i just give both of them the 1 sheet to complete along with an addressed envelope for them to send it to the FEO or do i send the referee sheets in with my application?

2: should i add some comments into the additional information about my shooting aspirations or should i leave it for the face to face with the FEO?

3: Has anyone dealt with avon and somerset FEO's before? how did you find them?

4: Does this seem reasonable for a 1st application?
22lr rifle ammo 2000
22lr pistol
223 rifle ammo 600
303 rifle ammo 300
308 rifle ammo 600
22lr mod
223 mod
308 mod

all above will be used for target as well as the 223 for CSR league (hopefully if i can get the FAC back before october)
sign01
markS
Home club or Range: Grove small arms

#66 Post by markS »

Based on my own recent application and interview a couple of weeks ago:

1. Referees - I got them to fill the forms out and I sent the whole lot in together. No problems.

2. Up to you really, extra info can't hurt I suppose but they'll have a friendly chat with you anyway.

3. Nope.

4. I asked for something broadly similar and the FEO had no problems. However if you search through posts here you'll see that different areas have seemingly different criteria. I'd say that if you feel you can justify it then that is a reasonable request but it's possible you might get knocked back on ammo.

Good luck with the whole process.
Mattnall
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#67 Post by Mattnall »

LDC1982

1. Send it all in together in one envelope, might save time if they get mislaid in the office.
2. I wouldn't bother, unless you think it might clear up some confusion in the application.
3. No
4. These all sound OK, just your limits might be a bit low, especially if you want to shoot the CSR League - each match is roughly 100 rounds, one of these a month plus zeroing and practice would not leave much room in a 1000 round limit (to allow you to buy one batch for the whole season). Then if you go on club days as well.....

CSR will be counted as target shooting and competition, doesn't need to be specified separately. If your FAC doesn't come back before October, which it damn well should, you can always enter (assuming you are an NRA or affiliated club full member) and borrow a rifle. If this is an issue let me know, we can usually sort something.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#68 Post by Blackstuff »

Re: 1/ - I always thought that you weren't supposed to see what your referee's had wrote about you? i.e. So you couldn't influence 'their' opinion?

4/ Why the differing amounts for 303 and 308? Just put them both as 600, which is the HO guide figure for target shooting allowances :good:
DVC
Ovenpaa

#69 Post by Ovenpaa »

I also thought you were not supposed to see the referee's comments. We always give them the for, an envelope and stamp and that is the last we see of the forms.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Demonic69

#70 Post by Demonic69 »

ovenpaa wrote:I also thought you were not supposed to see the referee's comments. We always give them the for, an envelope and stamp and that is the last we see of the forms.
That's the official advice as far as I'm aware.