Ruger Gunsite Scout

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Dangermouse

Re: Ruger Gunsite Scout

#31 Post by Dangermouse »

I contacted Viking Arms who are the UK Importer for Ruger asking if, when and how much?

They were good enough to reply today with

"The Ruger Gunsite Scout is not yet available for import into the UK and we have been given no information on the pricing as yet"

At least they took the trouble to reply, as a private buyer and not trade, they could have just ignored me,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#32 Post by Sandgroper »

Alpha1,
Any pictures?

DM,
Viking Arms has always responded to any enquiries I've had and now, at least you know what the score is. Are you going to wait or look for an alternative?
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Dangermouse

#33 Post by Dangermouse »

I will wait and see what happens. I am also very interested in the SGC "UNICORN" 9mm but just need to see how things pan out in the next few months,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#34 Post by Alpha1 »

I will see if I can rustle up some pics.
lapua338

#35 Post by lapua338 »

Guys,

I'm going to try a similar configuration with my Swiss K31 if I don't get along with the Waffenfabrik Type "K" diopter sight system. I've purchased a S & K scope mount to replace the rear sight and fit a LER-type riflescope.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#36 Post by Alpha1 »

I think mine is a Darrel mount it replaces the original sight but you can change it back to the original in about 30 minutes.
The scout scope I am sure it came from the states with the mounts I will take some pics and post.
I am sure he does them for the K31 as well.
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#37 Post by Sandgroper »

lapua338 wrote:Guys,

I'm going to try a similar configuration with my Swiss K31 if I don't get along with the Waffenfabrik Type "K" diopter sight system. I've purchased a S & K scope mount to replace the rear sight and fit a LER-type riflescope.
Article on the S&K mount for your K31.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews2005 ... /index.asp
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
TobyH

#38 Post by TobyH »

That Ruger looks so much like my Parker Hale 'Scout' when I use the 10 round magazine. Ok so I don't have the open sites etc, only a S&B 7x50, but the stock looks very similar. Mauser 98 action, 19" barrel and either 4 or 10 round magazine. Oh and either muzzle break or moderator (ASE Utra S5 short one). .308 too.

Looks more similar with the mag and without the scope!
"Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down." - Dick Sharples
barney57

#39 Post by barney57 »

25Pdr wrote:
Dangermouse wrote:I just came across this on another "firearms news Blog site"

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/12/29/ruge ... out-rifle/

At first glance you can see a Little Jungle Carbine and possibly a little Mini 14.

As someone who has looked at both those firearms for practical / short distance fun guns, I wonder if this will deliver where the other two failed. That being the jungle carbine was a bit of a kicker and the Mini 14 was simply inaccurate.

Sad to see the cost is so high, I guess that we can convert the $800 to £800 and add a few more. It would be interesting to see a side by side comparison with a Remington 700 Short barrel "Tactical"

DM
Must admit I like carbines and that one looks very desirable. For a practical/short distance fun gun though I can highly recommend the CZ 527 Carbine. I bought one in 223 about three year ago for £400 new, although they seem to have got a bit more expensive recently.

It is very well made and comes with a set trigger, also available in 7.62/39.

This one looks just like my .223 minus the foresight,and magazine,mine has an internal 6 rnd mag,,add a moderator and a scope,,,,,mines a Zavastar
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!

Cede Nullis (Yield to None)
Kernow Bys Vyken (Cornwall for ever)
Dangermouse

#40 Post by Dangermouse »

First one I have seen for sale in the UK - £1200

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/GunsForSale/110917125125178