TR140 powder

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

TR140 powder

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Now that TR140 is becoming more popular with it's favourable price and good ES has anyone here made the jump from N140 or even N540 to it and if so how are you getting on with it?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
DaveT

Re: TR140 powder

#2 Post by DaveT »

David... never heard of TR140.... who makes it?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

No idea Dave, but Mikmak is selling it now and ENS is getting very good results through his new rifle using the stuff, plus it is gaining popularity with some of the TR shooting crowd.

Hopefully someone who knows will be along shortly to tell us more.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Steve E
Home club or Range: Where ever I shoot.

#4 Post by Steve E »

I've been using it since last summer and have now binned N140. Cost wise I originally got 5Kg for just over £200 so its at least 20% cheaper than N140. I got my powder direct from the importer as part of a group buy with Rox. Did a lot of testing and load work up. It appears to be slightly slower than N140. It is a single base powder of Swiss origin. In form it resembles N140 but seems to meter slightly better through my powder measure.
It was very easy to work up a load that is giving 3000fps with a 155 SMK (2156) with absolutly no sign of over pressure.
I've also been using it in .303 and it out performs N140 and IMR4895. My P14 with 174 SMKs will now hold 1Moa with TR140.
It is a very clean burning powder. Rox will probably be along and give some more info.
The Importer is Nigel Cole-Hawkins of the North London RC. He also does a powder called Elcho 17 that the Match Rifle guys are raving about.
Steve
EagerNoSkill

#5 Post by EagerNoSkill »

I concur with Steve
Getting ES of 6 to 7 fps with Berger and lapua 155

Very clean as well
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
“F-Open shooters are compensating for something”
I make an awesome friend and even worse enemy.
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#6 Post by pe4king »

I have just bought a tub to try, it works well I tried it with .303 and .223 loads today with very good results, and at the price I will be getting a whole lot more, it would be easier to get up to your 15kg limit. :good:
I was under the impression it was repackaged/rebranded N140 then i saw the swiss origin on the label ????????????
I also thought about limited supplies but the chap i got it from said he has 5 tons of it in storage :goodjob:
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#7 Post by phaedra1106 »

Where can I buy some of this to try?, I'm down to my last 1Kg of N140 and was about to get another 3.5Kg until I saw this post :)
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
rox

#8 Post by rox »

phaedra1106 wrote:Where can I buy some of this to try?, I'm down to my last 1Kg of N140 and was about to get another 3.5Kg until I saw this post :)
Dolphin
Fox
HPS
ITL (Weybridge)
Direct from importer (who lives on camp at Bisley).

phaedra1106
Past Supporter

#9 Post by phaedra1106 »

ITL were the only ones showing a price for it online and at £55/Kg it's only £2.50/Kg cheaper than I pay for Vit N140 locally, and that's without the shipping.

I'll email HPS and see what they quote for 5 or 10Kg, I know they charge £40 for Hazmat shipping as I got 3.5Kg of N140 off them last year.
There's room for all Gods creatures, next to the mash and gravy :)
rox

#10 Post by rox »

phaedra1106 wrote:Thanks :)

ITL were the only ones showing a price for it online and at £55/Kg it's only £2.50/Kg cheaper than I pay for Vit N140 locally, and that's without the shipping.

I'll email HPS and see what they quote for 5 or 10Kg, I know they charge £40 for Hazmat shipping as I got 3.5Kg of N140 off them last year.
HPS aren't usually the cheapest - I'd try Brian Fox or the importer - I can find out what his price is for comparison if you like. How much would you want?