Cheaper shotgun cartriges

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

Cheaper shotgun cartriges

#1 Post by the running man »

I heard from someone at the weekend and when I see him again I shall ask him where it came from, but seemed sure that hatsan or some turkish outfit would soon be bringing in lots of 12g cartridges hell of a lot cheaper than we are all paying now....has anyone else heard this?
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
shotgun sam

Re: Cheaper shotgun cartriges

#2 Post by shotgun sam »

Thoughts turn to the 1980’s baikal record cartridges
mossberg 500
meteor mk2
smk 19 (0.22)
ruger 12/22 stainless synthetic 22lr
cz 452 style 16 inch 22lr
tikka t3 lite stainless 223
308 howa 1500 varmint
BSA Lightning XL (0.22)
Lanber Over and Under
Baikal mp153
AYA Cosmos 410
1917 BSA SMLE 303
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

I haven't but assuming they aren't junk, what will likely happen is some big outfit will buy them all up and then sell them for a significantly higher price. Whether or not than higher price will be competitive still for the market is another thing. Something similar happened with huge consignment of large rifle and small pistol primers in 2022/23 troutslapping
DVC
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#4 Post by the running man »

I heard about that,was that the sellior and bellot ones?
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#5 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
I often wonder how shooting sports continues with all this money grabbing crap going on, not withstanding the difficulties getting any stuff at all, No powder, No Primers, No Bullets. The only thing there is no shortage of is Government regulations !