Reloading records - is this a thing now?

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Reloading records - is this a thing now?

#11 Post by 20series »

dromia wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:30 pm Showing them my buckets of spent primers is sufficient.
Yeh I have always kept mine for that purpose, however they seem to be heading to wanting a bit more info,
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#12 Post by Dark Skies »

Fortunately, I only require three different propellants to cover my reloading needs - so I easily fall under the 15kg limit, primers and all.
I just get fed up with having to justify the ammunition limits I've had, pretty much unchanged, for the past forty years. The fact is that I have a single stage reloading press, so because of the laborious process of swapping out dies, I tend to bang out as many as I can in one sitting to get it over and done with for the foreseeable future. That, and because it's a 120 round trip to the nearest gun shop that stocks rounds for my rifles, I tend to max out my purchases when I'm using factory ammunition. Maybe if the government and sundry busybodies hadn't caused a steep decline in shooting outlets, people wouldn't feel the need to stock up. They could easily pop into town and purchase smaller quantities, I know I used to be able to when I first started out. But that ain't the case now.
I just wish renewal visits were a cursory check on security, serial numbers, and then bugger off out the door without having to wrest with the guy to keep what I'm already permitted to keep.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

Lets be honest, the whole concept of ammunition limits is officialdom ridiculousness. What does it matter whether I have 50 or 5000rds? As long as they're safely and securely stored it makes no odds.

No mass shooting in the country has ever exceeded 200 rounds (well within most peoples allowance for a single calibre, let alone multiple) and organised criminals just knock off delivery trucks when they want large quantities of ammo.

Its pointless bureaucracy IMO.
DVC
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#14 Post by 20series »

Blackstuff wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:35 am Lets be honest, the whole concept of ammunition limits is officialdom ridiculousness. What does it matter whether I have 50 or 5000rds? As long as they're safely and securely stored it makes no odds.

No mass shooting in the country has ever exceeded 200 rounds (well within most peoples allowance for a single calibre, let alone multiple) and organised criminals just knock off delivery trucks when they want large quantities of ammo.

Its pointless bureaucracy IMO.
Yes the whole thing needs a revamp, ammo holding, the requirements for replacing a slot on FAC via a variation especially like for like calibre etc, some common sense modifications to rules would free up loads of time in the FLO teams.

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#15 Post by Mattnall »

Blackstuff wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:35 am Lets be honest, the whole concept of ammunition limits is officialdom ridiculousness. What does it matter whether I have 50 or 5000rds?
It's a lack of trust.

There are no other reasons I can think of for arbitrary limits to ammunition quantities.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#16 Post by dromia »

It is just another meaningless irritation designed to feck off legal firearms owners in pursuit of their targets to to reduce the numbers of fire arms legally held and reduce the number of FAC holders. Just a drip drip policy of grief for legal firearms holders. Nothing what so ever to do with public safety, no doubt driven by NABIS "science".

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
PeterN

#17 Post by PeterN »

I have just bought a rifle that was at the dealer because the previous owner could not be bothered with the hassle of renewing his FAC, mainly because of the doctor involvement requirement. He had left all his guns at the dealer to dispose of. I don't know how old he was, but he decided he had had enough. He had some nice guns, some of which were sold within a few days of being on the dealer's web site, including the one I bought.
Regards
Peter.