Three stage triggers

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Ovenpaa

Three stage triggers

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

Has anyone come across three stage competition triggers? I am not really sure what such a thing is having never seen/shot with one so I would be interested.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Three stage triggers

#2 Post by Christel »

Is there such a thing?

:G
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#3 Post by 20series »

I use two stage on both my .22 Anschutz match rifle (standard fitting) and I bought a CG 2 stage for my Remington.

Never heard of a 3 stage and I cant really think why you'd need one :?

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

My preference is always two stages by a long way, I have never liked single stage triggers. We need Robert to give an answer on this as he been know to look at a trigger or two, hopefully he will pick this thread up in a bit.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
R.G.C

#5 Post by R.G.C »

20series wrote:I use two stage on both my .22 Anschutz match rifle (standard fitting) and I bought a CG 2 stage for my Remington.

Alan
Ovepaa,

You do not know the C.G-XTreme trigger YET?..

http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/

For which actions are you looking?

R.G.C
R.G.C

#6 Post by R.G.C »

ovenpaa wrote:Has anyone come across three stage competition triggers? I am not really sure what such a thing is having never seen/shot with one so I would be interested.
Ovenpaa,

Ah, I just forgot ; There are some trgers wh have 2 stages, plus a 3rd step to free the bolt release... Is it not that you mention as a '3 stage' trigger? LOL

R.G.C
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

R.G.C wrote:Ovepaa,

R.G.C
Heheh! Yes I know of the C.G-XTreme trigger, they look very nice indeed, some dodgy looking characters are associated with it though :D :run:

I was thinking of adding one to my Barnard at some point.

Have you come across any three stage triggers Robert or are they called something else that I lost in the translation as I was talking to the new owner of Schultz & Larsen at the time.
/d

Shed Journal
ShootingSight

#8 Post by ShootingSight »

The SIG 55x have a 3 stage trigger, but that is because there is some slack in the mechanism, so you fist feel a degree of travel to take up the slack, then higher pressure as the sears mave against each other, then a spring plunger comes in contact with the trigger, giving you a third stage.

However it does not provide a performance benefit, it is simply an artifact of their design.
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#9 Post by 20series »

R.G.C wrote:
20series wrote:I use two stage on both my .22 Anschutz match rifle (standard fitting) and I bought a CG 2 stage for my Remington.

Alan
Ovepaa,

R.G.C
That is actually what I have and it transformed my Remmy, the old Remmy trigger would break at anywhere between 1.5 to 3.5 pounds :bad:
The CG Extreme seond stages goes at exactly 1 pound every time :good:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
R.G.C

#10 Post by R.G.C »

ShootingSight wrote:The SIG 55x have a 3 stage trigger, but that is because there is some slack in the mechanism, so you fist feel a degree of travel to take up the slack, then higher pressure as the sears mave against each other, then a spring plunger comes in contact with the trigger, giving you a third stage.

However it does not provide a performance benefit, it is simply an artifact of their design.

Art,

It just hapen I was asked Saturday to check this trigger of the SIG on the club rifle.... The club president genuinely thought I could do something about...

Beurk!!!!...

We both know of a much better option, no?!!!

R.G.C