Brownells....

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Lancs Lad
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

Re: Brownells....

#11 Post by Lancs Lad »

Blackstuff wrote:
jcampbellsmith wrote:I'm not a Brownell's fan but my recent order delivered quickly in these challenging times. CDSG however leave me lost for words.
Regards
JCS
In a good way I hope! I've only ever had A1 service from CDSG, would be shame if they'd let it slide

I can't recall ever having had an issue with CDSG when purchasing from them and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

:flag13: LL
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#12 Post by Pete »

I've bought from both without problems..............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
jcampbellsmith
Home club or Range: BDS, L&BRC

#13 Post by jcampbellsmith »

Lancs Lad wrote:
Blackstuff wrote:
jcampbellsmith wrote:I'm not a Brownell's fan but my recent order delivered quickly in these challenging times. CDSG however leave me lost for words.
Regards
JCS
In a good way I hope! I've only ever had A1 service from CDSG, would be shame if they'd let it slide

I can't recall ever having had an issue with CDSG when purchasing from them and I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

:flag13: LL
4 months on and I've still not heard anything from CDSG. Regards JCS
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#14 Post by Blackstuff »

Were the items you ordered in stock? If not that would have hit on for the start of the lockdown so its not surprising if that's the case.

My only gripe about their website is that it doesn't tell you that an item isn't in stock until you get to the Checkout. I have some bullets ordered with them that fell into this category and I've been waiting over a week. Will probably call them today for a chase up.
DVC
Daryll
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#15 Post by Daryll »

Sim G wrote:Trouble is, they’re the only game in town! There prices certainly have lowered and their shipping is actually quite reasonable. (Just cost me 30 quid to have a holster shipped from the US bought from a forum) and invariably, there’ll be a “discount coupon” every few weeks.

There are around 160000 FAC holders in the UK. Less than a half are target shooters I believe, and it’s that “section” that probably buy more guns and “bits” than all of the others. Really, we are very small potatoes even compared to European countries. If we don’t support it, they’ll cease to bother with the franchise. Can you imagine trying to get Viking Arms to order a disassembly catch spring, for a Ruger M77 Mk1?!!! No effing chance!

Yes it’s a bit of “beggars can’t be choosers” and there’ll always be an issue here and there. But by not using them ever again, be careful what you wish for....
Wasn't there rumours that DT was going to ease the ITAR restrictions a while ago..?? that (hopefully) will mean we can order from other US suppliers/gunshops...
Sim G

#16 Post by Sim G »

It would be nice if that did happen, but given the UK paranoia having guns and parts posted into the country. And the US paranoia about shipping stuff out, ITAR was there before Pres.Trump and will be there when he’s gone.

Speaking of which, polls have Biden ahead of Trump, in some cases by 10 points. Even the mainstream gun press are warning of the possibility of a Democratic president, a Democratic speaker and a Democratic majority in Congress. Biden was the co-author of the Assault Weapon ban of the 90s and he’s already started with “No one needs an AR15 for deer hunting...”

An Obama tact for gun control was always back door. Destroy the market for gun makers, they go out of business...

I’m ranting now, and I could be way off, but I reckon our little customer base doesn’t have anything rosey on the horizon.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
RDC

#17 Post by RDC »

A lot will just be moved under EAR, which can have it's own issues.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#18 Post by Blackstuff »

Sim G wrote:It would be nice if that did happen, but given the UK paranoia having guns and parts posted into the country. And the US paranoia about shipping stuff out, ITAR was there before Pres.Trump and will be there when he’s gone.

Speaking of which, polls have Biden ahead of Trump, in some cases by 10 points. Even the mainstream gun press are warning of the possibility of a Democratic president, a Democratic speaker and a Democratic majority in Congress. Biden was the co-author of the Assault Weapon ban of the 90s and he’s already started with “No one needs an AR15 for deer hunting...”

An Obama tact for gun control was always back door. Destroy the market for gun makers, they go out of business...

I’m ranting now, and I could be way off, but I reckon our little customer base doesn’t have anything rosey on the horizon.
I'm pretty sure Trump was pegged as low in the running most of the pre-election polls the time he won too! Maybe something to do with most of American mainstream media hating him, can't imagine that's changed much!!

Wasn't there some 'relaxations' but weren't they just for complete guns so no use to us 99% of the time?
DVC
Mattnall
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#19 Post by Mattnall »

Sim G wrote:It would be nice if that did happen, but given the UK paranoia having guns and parts posted into the country. And the US paranoia about shipping stuff out, ITAR was there before Pres.Trump and will be there when he’s gone.

I believe the lifting of restrictions of ITAR were started under the Obama administration but paused after one of the mass shootings made it 'difficult', the State Dept just started it up again and it looks like it has moved 50cal and smaller semi-auto rifles and parts/accessories (among other small arms) from ITAR to EAR so removing the ITAR fee (IIRC about $2250) for anyone wanting to export these items.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.