EU to propose banning semi auto "weapons"

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

Re: EU to propose banning semi auto "weapons"

#231 Post by the running man »

From the nra website...

We welcome the thrust of the Home Secretary‘s recent statement, particularly " The UK has some of the toughest firearms laws in the world. The sorts of weaponry used in the attacks in Paris in January, and those that appear to have been used last Friday, are not readily available in the UK. We must therefore focus on tackling firearms entering and moving throughout the EU, and ensuring that we have the right capabilities at the UK border to detect firearms being smuggled in - I will press the need for greater information sharing, passenger name records, and action on firearms. In the UK we have seen tough legislation work and so we want to see action taken to make a difference to the availability of firearms in Europe, particularly assault rifles."
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#232 Post by froggy »

In the UK we have seen tough legislation work and so we want to see action taken to make a difference to the availability of firearms in Europe, particularly assault rifles.

As if legislation will make any difference to the availability of the assault rifles used by the terrorists :o
They are assault rifles,
they are full-auto,
they are Cat A classified & already banned in Europe,
they are illegal but they were available & used in Paris the same way that murder is illegal but was committed.

Please go ahead and fight trafficking of illegal weapons, I am all in favour, but civilian semi-auto have nothing to do with it - Of course the NRA may as well support a ban on 2CVs and claim it will reduce Formula 1's deaths ...

Who on earth is the NRA retarded that has written their comment and used that quote ??? kukkuk

BTW everybody can clearly see how In the UK we have seen tough legislation work ...

F*cking idiot !!
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#233 Post by safetyfirst »

huntervixen wrote: If any Full-bore members had doubts about which way to vote in the forth coming IN/OUT referendum, I hope this clarifies things!
I'd rather stay in and fight to change the EU than abandon our closest neighbours.

I wish it were the case that bans happened because the community didn't do enough but it wasn't the reason.

All shooters combined, licensed and casual, don't add up to a hill of beans in this country.

I've signed and written the letters anyway.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#234 Post by Airbrush »

signfunnypost
huntervixen
Home club or Range: The Severn Side Range

#235 Post by huntervixen »

Well, I am all for leaving the EU and spending our EU money on a fleet of super tugs to tow the UK away from Europe, fanciful idea perhaps, but just as based in "fact" as banning legally held firearms to Stop terrorists!
Two margarines .... is there anything worse? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4cEocL5kI
Sim G
Past Supporter

#236 Post by Sim G »

So the NRA believes that the draconian, knee jerk legislation foisted upon us works? The destruction of the sport, the confiscation of private property and the folding of many businesses has all been worth it...

Same old, same old from the Surrey "faithful"....

Bloody charlatans.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
huntervixen
Home club or Range: The Severn Side Range

#237 Post by huntervixen »

Sim G wrote:So the NRA believes that the draconian, knee jerk legislation foisted upon us works? The destruction of the sport, the confiscation of private property and the folding of many businesses has all been worth it...

Same old, same old from the Surrey "faithful"....

Bloody charlatans.

Here Here, Simon, well put cheers
Two margarines .... is there anything worse? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K4cEocL5kI
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#238 Post by the running man »

I think the point is, that may has said we have adequate firearms laws in place here and we won't be adopting anything new as we're skint....
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Marmite5

#239 Post by Marmite5 »

Usual NRA hater stuff from here then. wallhead
ukrifleman
Past Supporter

#240 Post by ukrifleman »

When will these muppets realise that `laws only affect law abiding people`

ukrifleman.