A day at the clays

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

A day at the clays

#1 Post by dromia »

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa

Re: A day at the clays

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Nice to be able to get out and make some smoke!

Based on personal experiences I believe the only real way to shoot black powder is with like minded people or on your own in a far corner, and I was told on more than one occasion BP shotguns have no place with 'proper' shooters.I was Vice Chairman of the bloody club as well!

I would certainly shoot BP shotgun again given a chance however fans of such things are few and far between and non existent in my area. I did consider the MLAGB, sadly the ones I met were a bunch of elitist over bearing clown suit wearing prats that had no time for prospective members.

Pity really.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Robin128

#3 Post by Robin128 »

It is fun for those who can already shoot more clays than they miss but I wouldn't like to learn to shoot clays with BP.

Rob
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

Oh wow, that looks like great fun, that does :D
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Robin128 wrote:It is fun for those who can already shoot more clays than they miss but I wouldn't like to learn to shoot clays with BP.

Rob
A tad more lead and really keep it swinging through is my tip! Memorable shots for me with BP were a driven pair with an 8 Bore and I also dusted a single crosser with a 4 bore once, yes I know how much shot it held, I also know how heavy it was, it was a matter of calling pull, frantically mounting and aiming and then asking those a few feet to either side what happened.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Blu

#6 Post by Blu »

Ovenpaa
and I was told on more than one occasion BP shotguns have no place with 'proper' shooters
Whoever said that mate has obviously never tried it or tried it and didn't like it. It's great fun. It's big business over here. Our club is part of a national BP clays league, we have other club teams come from all over to shoot at our club and likewise our guys travel all over the States. I've had a go at this a fair few times and always found it to be great fun.

Gotta say that the trap and skeet shooting area's at our club are second to none with floodlights for night shooting in winter, microphones in front of each shooter for calling "pull" along with a small heated trap house. The club is in the process of building a new million dollar clubhouse which opens next year. I'll take some pics later today and post them.

Blu :twisted:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#7 Post by dromia »

I would also say that these "proper" shooters have no place with BP shotguns. :D

Caplock actioned shotguns don't give up lock time to any similar hammer gun. Flinters are great to help you work on your follow through and check for flinch.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/