gun cabinet

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Hairydavey
Home club or Range: Looe Rifle/Pistol Club, Dutchy Shooting Association.

Re: gun cabinet

#11 Post by Hairydavey »

I've a Brattonsound RL7+, it's supposed to hold seven scoped rifles......it doesn't, not even close. I've used no nails and mdf to make more shelves in it just to try and make more room.

Buy the biggest safe you can possibly afford, you'll run out of space far more quickly than you think you will! :roll:
bigfathairybiker

#12 Post by bigfathairybiker »

Also note that gun cabinets with the "safe" type doors which are several inches thick really reduces the room inside the cabinet.

Mark
petedea
Home club or Range: Bisley

#13 Post by petedea »

+1 for DJS. Arrived very quickly, cabinet seems good quality (yet to put anything in it though) and a great price
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#14 Post by meles meles »

We ordered a safe from DJS online on Monday night. Early Tuesday morning we received a teffylone call from them to inform us they had received the order and to ask when we would like delivery. It arrived on Wednesday as agreed, complete with a free fixing pack. The safe is extremely good value for money and the service excellent.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#15 Post by bradaz11 »

i've just received a DJS cabinet, to go with my brattonsound. looks to be a nice cabinet. mine also came with a free fixing pack, and a lump of 2X2 with double sided sticky tape on it which is a bit odd....
anyway, looks good, i went for a vault type door, if not for the added security then for the laziness factor (only one lock to open)
I would have gone for another brattonsound, but it was 20mm too wide to fit beside my other one, and the next size down seemed a bit small, whereas the DJS should be a perfect fit
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
petedea
Home club or Range: Bisley

#16 Post by petedea »

The lump of 2x 2 had me confused too. Aparantly you use it as a spacer and stick it between the cabinet and the foam barrel holder. The result is that any scopes are kept away from the back wall. Unfortunately due to the weak tape the actual result is a loud bag when the wood falls off and hits the bottom of the cabinet!
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#17 Post by bradaz11 »

ah ok, that kinda makes sense at least.

removed my small 3 gun cabinet, held with 4 bolts. two p*** out, the other two undid halfway the locked, then just spin. had to resort to dremel and cut the heads off. and then pull the rawl bolts out the wall as they were free and spinning
as i only have 5mm clearance to the other cabinet for the new cabinet that is going in , thought id double check the measurement, 15mm too tight at the bottom, noticed and removed the skirting board. now 5mm too tight, should adjust when the new cabinet goes in..... *hopefully*
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns