FAC Questions

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: FAC Questions

#91 Post by Mattnall »

Demonic69 wrote:Mine just says .308 rifle, depends on your force. Also some get away with .22RF covering WMR also.
Mine says .30cal rifle and it has been 30-30, 308 and is now a 300Whisper.

If it says "22 rifle" then technically you are allowed any of the many 22 calibre chamberings (according to BASC when I spoke to them about calibres a few years ago that also meant 22 rim fire to 22 centre fire - I would get this checked it you plan to go this route as it did cause some trouble and a court case at the time).
If it says "22RF" then any of the 22 rim fires are OK, if it says "22RF" then only 22 rim fire chambering will do.

To stop any confusion ask for what you want and you won't bring a world of pain to your door (however short lived it might be). If you do decide to go this route, remember you have to know your calibres - 308 and 7.62 are 30 calibre, .303British is not.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
jay851
Home club or Range: nra bisley

#92 Post by jay851 »

i have just sold a rifle sent via rfd transfer. i am filling in form 202 to do a 1 4 1 variation
and also adding some slots. the form asks whom the firearm was transferred to, so do i put
the rfd's details or the actual purchaser. Also i have .22 sound moderator on my fac, would this
cover all .22 calibre ie .22rf, .223 etc.
Lastly how would i list kar98 calibre, just 7.92?
Many thanks
jay
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12G
pietta cattleman mlp .44
Remington 1100 12G
Toz66 sxs hammer gun 12g
Remington 700 Magpul .308
FN2000 .22lr (ongoing project)

Slot for 7.62 × 39 and .303
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#93 Post by dromia »

You have transferred the rifle to the RFD so that is what you tell the police.

Yes to the 22 moderator question.

When adding slots or doing one for ones all plod needs to know is the calibre, in this case 7.92/8mm.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
jay851

#94 Post by jay851 »

Thanks Adam.
Was not sure on the kar98 as it is 7.92 but also known as 8mm mauser.
pietta cattleman mlp .44
Remington 1100 12G
Toz66 sxs hammer gun 12g

Mattnall

#95 Post by Mattnall »

jay851 wrote:i have just sold a rifle sent via rfd transfer. i am filling in form 202 to do a 1 4 1 variation
and also adding some slots. the form asks whom the firearm was transferred to, so do i put
the rfd's details or the actual purchaser.
This would come down to whether you signed it on to the purchaser's FAC or just handed it to the RFD to do the paperwork.

If you signed it to the new owner (and on to his FAC) then you tell the police that is who you transferred it to (this is how the police would prefer it to happen - but in practice either way is acceptable), otherwise you tell them the RFD's details.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
jay851

#96 Post by jay851 »

cheers. have put the rfd's details down as that is who i have dealt with.

atb
jay
pietta cattleman mlp .44
Remington 1100 12G
Toz66 sxs hammer gun 12g

londonercsecse
Home club or Range: Rossendale

#97 Post by londonercsecse »

Question: can I apply for two rifles of the same caliber? One with iron sights set up, one with a scope? Or is this a stupid idea?
Miroku O/U, Mossberg 500 pump 12g.
DavidRees
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: JSPC; Tayside; NRA

#98 Post by DavidRees »

londonercsecse wrote:Question: can I apply for two rifles of the same caliber? One with iron sights set up, one with a scope? Or is this a stupid idea?
Not a stupid idea at all, esp. if you can show that there is a different purpose for each -- perhaps some comps are iron sights only, others allow scopes.

The faffing around involved in taking a scope off, and putting iron sights on, or vice-versa, and having to sight in each time afterwards, makes this a perfectly sensible thing to do.

Examples:
.308W/7.62: 1 target rifle (iron), 1 match rifle (scope)

.357: 1 classic gallery rifle (iron), 1 standard gallery rifle (scoped)
Mattnall

#99 Post by Mattnall »

londonercsecse wrote:Question: can I apply for two rifles of the same caliber? One with iron sights set up, one with a scope? Or is this a stupid idea?
I have three 223s and four 22LRs on my FAC, all have their job to do and each one is different.

londonercsecse
Home club or Range: Rossendale

#100 Post by londonercsecse »

Mattnall wrote:
I have three 223s and four 22LRs on my FAC, all have their job to do and each one is different.
Can You explain on the four 22LRs, pls? What are they? Usage? Thx!
Miroku O/U, Mossberg 500 pump 12g.