spent cases

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
douglas670

spent cases

#1 Post by douglas670 »

Hi all,
almost all of my brass cases are used for reloading but I do have some Military rounds in 7.92 that are berdan primed.
due to shooting the 7.92 rounds a small collection is now getting bigger.
The question is how you would normally get rid of them (all been shot) without any possible hassle?
I did think "what if" i bagged them up and put them in the bin and say they fell out somewhere ie where the council either recycles stuff and they for some reason report it and im the only 7.92 holder for miles around?.
dont want any hassle
any thoughts please
regards
douglas
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: spent cases

#2 Post by Sim G »

I've heard that some scrap yards will again now take fired brass. Likewise, resize them without the de-capping pin, stick a cheap FMJ bullet on them and flog them to re-anactors/collectors......

No doubt pe4king will be on shortly...... he's sold all sorts of stuff to these sort of individuals!!!

We're supposed to be "green" now, so recycle! You may get enough to buy some "shooting" ammo!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Jenks

#3 Post by Jenks »

I had quite a lot of fired Berdan 7.62mm cartridge cases. took them to a local scrap dealer and was pleasantly surprised to receive £70 for them.

Jenks
Dave 101

#4 Post by Dave 101 »

Where there muck theres brass , or where theres brass theres cash waiting , I take mine to the local scrap merchants no questions asked , just make sure theres no live primers or cartridges .

Dave
douglas670

#5 Post by douglas670 »

cheers guys, thanks to one and all
douglas
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#6 Post by Mike357 »

There are a couple on here that may barter for your brass!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
pe4king
Home club or Range: Lydd Rifle Club.

#7 Post by pe4king »

Sim G wrote:No doubt pe4king will be on shortly...... he's sold all sorts of stuff to these sort of individuals!!!
Oi I resemble that remark :shifty:
I have a bloke that will buy 7.62 cases for 3p each he uses them to make keyrings and stuff, he also pays postage or will collect them he was advertising in the Guntrader but i do have his number if anyone is interested.
Other than that try a local scrappy some will and some wont.
What is a Sapper? This versatile genius condenses the whole system of military engineering and all that is useful and practical. He is a man of all work of the Army and the public ready to do anything or go anywhere, in short, he is a Sapper.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#8 Post by Alpha1 »

I have never had a problem getting rid of brass cases I save them up and take them to my local scrap dealer.
I go at least four times a year.Brass is Brass as long as they are spent and no live primers they are happy to take them.
Scotsgun

#9 Post by Scotsgun »

I'll take any and all brass. The kids at school have to learn about casting techniques so we teach it by making little signs, emblems etc but the budgets are cut to hell and metal suppliers are taking the p***.

You wouldn't believe what we have to go though now just for the kids to actually experience making simple models. A few of the kid's fathers who donate knackered aluminium components which we melt down and we've even been forced to break down pallets for timber.

Education, Education, Education.......its' a sick joke.
Dave 101

#10 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi Scotsgun

If you pm me an address I can send some .223 brass to you if want it .

Dave