Landmarc and minimum age limits for use of Gallery ranges

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Cj10

Re: Landmarc and minimum age limits for use of Gallery ran

#11 Post by Cj10 »

Meaty wrote:
Cj10 wrote:
meles meles wrote:Plenty of cadets use our range, many of whom appear to be 14 or under
Cadets are allowed on our Gallery ranges. Civilian clubs cannot allow anyone under 18 to shoot. This is an explicit condition in our licence, issued by landmarc.
Going by the response's it appears that it must be down to regional interpretation of guidelines or something similar! Such a shame as I know of at least one young chap in the club who is a brilliant shot and frequently put most of us to shame @ 600 yards :oops: (coached by his father who is a current GB F'er). He was safe, intelligent and a pleasure to shoot with but for the last couple of years has not been allowed to shoot and I think he has approx another 2 years to go before he is!
People like him are/were the future of the sport.
We clearly shoot at the same club. I know who you are referring to and we have had coversations on this point. I've tried pushing this back to Landmarc when I've been making range bookings, but they offload responsibility to the military. I would like the NRA to try to get some form of consistency around the country, rather than, if possible, allowing local military training OCs dictate such conditions.