EU to propose banning semi auto "weapons"

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Sim G
Past Supporter

Re: EU to propose banning semi auto "weapons"

#241 Post by Sim G »

Marmite5 wrote:Usual NRA hater stuff from here then. wallhead

Usual muppetry from Mercer of the Home Counties Range, you mean, surely....?

Or do you also take the position that the "tough legislation has worked"? The thing is Jenny, you've been shooting since 2012, you haven't had the experience of having your personal property all but confiscated. I have. This "tough legislation" that Mercer reckons has worked saw me loose two full bore semi rifles and a full bore pump action rifle, as well as having a shotgun butchered so it complied with the then introduced legislation. I had my pistols taken in what was effectively two bans. One on centre fire handguns, then four months later, one on rimfire handguns. Not content, I was also the victim of sensationalist, knee jerk legislation when I had to put a <6ft/lb air pistol onto FAC. And now I have the EU looking to take away more of my property, destroy my sport and curtail my freedoms, almost, as it reads, with the blessing of the NRA because previous "tough legislation" has worked!

Yep, and the NRA did precious little then and now it seems that out they trot again, spouting their shiote, which will see my disciplines decimated....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
froggy
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#242 Post by froggy »

Duplicate
Last edited by froggy on Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
froggy
Past Supporter

#243 Post by froggy »

Usual NRA hater stuff from here then.

Did I miss something or can you please provide me Marmite5 with solid evidence of the NRA, that I finance through my membership fees & payment for the facilities used, positive support to our/their clients' interest on this most vital issue please ? Thanks
morph007
Home club or Range: Kentucky Firearms club

#244 Post by morph007 »

I want to believe,

I want to be positive,

But after reading some of these comments I wonder if we haven't already given up?
If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#245 Post by dromia »

"In the UK we have seen tough legislation work"

Yet another betrayal of gun owners and shooters by the NRA.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
joe

#246 Post by joe »

This just in the NRA have changed their name to NGRA (national government rifle association)
Mezzer
Home club or Range: Morecambe Rifle & Pistol Club

#247 Post by Mezzer »

dromia wrote:"In the UK we have seen tough legislation work"

Yet another betrayal of gun owners and shooters by the NRA.
If I had a dog that was inclined to bite me I'd soon get rid of it.
Vote with your wallets at the next membership renewal date. Let them see that there is a price to pay for their betrayal.

Mezzer
Honey Badger

#248 Post by Honey Badger »

Sim G wrote:
Marmite5 wrote:Usual NRA hater stuff from here then. wallhead

Usual muppetry from Mercer of the Home Counties Range, you mean, surely....?

Or do you also take the position that the "tough legislation has worked"? The thing is Jenny, you've been shooting since 2012,
Jenny, 2012? I thought it was John who has been shooting for years or is this a post gender reassignment forum member?
HB

I hate nature.
froggy
Past Supporter

#249 Post by froggy »

But after reading some of these comments I wonder if we haven't already given up

Those who realise how despotic the European machine can be have certainly not given-up, for the others I think it is more a question of complacency & naivety induced "it will be alright on the day/they'll never dare" attitude. Having said that, with all the time & hard earned cash we invest in our sport, I still amazed those MEP have yet been snowed in with letters from shooters, hunters, collectors, airsofters and all the European citizens that refused to be taken for a ride and lied to about fake security promises.

It is more imperative than ever to put pressure on your MEPs and make them understand that this time it aint gonna be an easy walk in the park ...

Sir, Madam,

European Commission officials seem to be trying to instrumentalize the events that struck France and make a dubious and insulting parallel between legal ownership of semi-automatic rifles by law-abiding citizens and the illegal possession of full-automatic weapons by barbaric terrorists. Thus, you will be presented shortly a proposal for revision of Directive 2008 / 51 / EC on firearms contained in the MEMO - 15 - 6111, as part of the security agenda set 28 April 2015. This proposal addresses real concerns about the criminal conversion of deactivated weapons as well as welcomed measures to combat the trafficking of war weapons for terrorist use.

However, it appears in the paragraph 3, "what changes in the firearms directive" that the commission is also proposing an obvious contradiction between the pretext, the use of illegal full-automatic war weapons, and the actual objective, prohibition of legally owned civilian semi-automatic rifles. This prohibition of legal guns, already heavily regulated & well controlled, will obviously have absolutely no impact what so ever on the risks caused by the arrival across the Schengen area's borders of the illegal arsenal used by the terrorists.

We understand that police resources are currently stretched to their limits. There is a real concern that the pointless burden to go after civilian guns of a type that have not been used in terror attacks & owned by law abiding responsible citizens will only distract the various Law Enforcing Agencies from their core mission which is fighting crime & indiscriminate terror.

At a time when we are rightly asked not to associate the whole of the Muslim community to the crimes committed by a few, we, responsible holders of legal rifles, hunters, shooters, collectors, fear, as an innocent minority, that we will be made a convenient scapegoats and deprived unfairly of the tools of our sport. Therefore, we equally rely on our elected representation in the European Parliament not to become unnecessarily collateral victims of terrorism and resist the excessive influence of the unelected European Commission.

I'd welcome your views & position on the matter of this arbitrary, pointless & unjust proposal,

Best regards
Sim G
Past Supporter

#250 Post by Sim G »

Honey Badger wrote: Jenny, 2012? I thought it was John who has been shooting for years or is this a post gender reassignment forum member?

Well, on the 1st of August 2012, Marmite5 posted this;

http://full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... 490#p94490
Marmite5 wrote:Hi

Just starting out in shooting and going to see some shooting at the Olympics next week.

Hoping to take up Target Rifle in the future.

Jenny
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!