Waste of Time Adverts....

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
walesdave

Waste of Time Adverts....

#1 Post by walesdave »

Haven't put this in the Gunshops thread as it's not about any particular retailer but just a general rant ****

I've just scrolled past 10 pages of adverts on an online gun listing site.....all with a price of '£0'.

Some advice to any retailers out there who don't like to put prices on adverts....

If you don't put the price, don't put the f&^*ing advert!!! :cool2:

To most punters, an advert at '£0' = you are so over priced you don't want to scare custom away by admitting it, so no-one reads them and no-one cares.

...and the same for POA!

Rant over..... kukkuk thanks....
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: Waste of Time Adverts....

#2 Post by saddler »

Pity they're not legally made to sell the gun for the asking price, as I know the site you mean & it's VERY annoying to have such adverts used as a blocking device that stops genuine customers from sourcing guns at actual real honest LOW prices...

I have been known to send each advert an email reply...but only the first couple or three pages worth
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

#3 Post by Les »

+1 :good: .

If a price is included in the advert, you know exactly where you stand - unless it doesn't include VAT, which is another personal bugbear. ****

As for POA, why waste the cost of a phone call, because you already know that it's going to cost more than you want to pay, and if it doesn't then the numpties have lost a sale by being so 'clever'. :roll: kukkuk
Charlotte the flyer
Home club or Range: Classified

#4 Post by Charlotte the flyer »

Its the same on Auto trader. You can filter on mileage so traders are now dropping the 000 ie 80 miles instead of 80000.
The above post probably contains sarcasm or some other form of attempted wit, please don't take it to heart.
Demonic69
Home club or Range: Thurnscoe Rifle Club

#5 Post by Demonic69 »

I'm pretty sure the law says all retailers have to advertise all of their prices. Seems like one of the least enforced rules ever
Chuck

#6 Post by Chuck »

Actually if it says £0 that is what they are asking for. If they say it is actually £Y then they MUST change the advert or they are breaking the law. Misleading adverts are not too popular with Trading Standards.

As said, it is a PITA all those POA, Call for price etc ads, I just buy from those that show a price, much easier!
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!