Hello from South Yorkshire

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

Re: Hello from South Yorkshire

#21 Post by Sixshot6 »

redcat wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote: I only have one complaint with Mattersey and that is how New members are not allowed voting rights and are just associate members despite paying the same fees. Do you have an opinion on this?
Doesn't really bother me too much. I've only been to a couple of AGM's as they are held in the evening and it's almost a two hour drive. New members at one gun club up here are not allowed to vote for the first five years - that is a pain.

Redcat
Our votes will never come sadly. I like the range but sadly some of quirks I shall not discuss on a public forum I do not like. Its good shooting still.
legs748
Home club or Range: Mattersey R&PC

#22 Post by legs748 »

Welcome to the forum. I shoot at mattersey, I was told by a former club secretary, "Enjoy the shooting, stay out of the politics." I try and heed that advice, but I too am a associate member, and cannot stand two tier systems wherever they are found.
It was working when i left it...........
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#23 Post by Sixshot6 »

legs748 wrote:Welcome to the forum. I shoot at mattersey, I was told by a former club secretary, "Enjoy the shooting, stay out of the politics." I try and heed that advice, but I too am a associate member, and cannot stand two tier systems wherever they are found.
I keep my distance and just do my shooting, pay my fees and come and go while following the rules. I do nothing more than that.