Hello from Oxfordshire

New to the forum? Tell us who you are.

Moderator: dromia

karen

Re: Hello from Oxfordshire

#11 Post by karen »

20series wrote:I've spent a few very merry nights in the RAF club at Bisley and even managed to "get banned" by Margaret...lol
What DID you do???

Although I have heard of a few people being "banned" - well we do have standards you know tongueout

Luckily they are very low . . .

See you in 2 weeks Ben!

Love

Karen
benp1992
Home club or Range: Bicester

#12 Post by benp1992 »

Sparks stu wrote:Hi welcome I shoot at Bicester as well but on the sport rifle and pistol
Nights pop down one thurs or Sunday if you fancy trying out different types of shooting
im looking at getting into black powder pistol aswell. what time on a sunday do you meet?
Taha

#13 Post by Taha »

Hello Ben. I'm pretty new here too!
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#14 Post by 20series »

karen wrote:
20series wrote:I've spent a few very merry nights in the RAF club at Bisley and even managed to "get banned" by Margaret...lol
What DID you do???

Although I have heard of a few people being "banned" - well we do have standards you know tongueout

Luckily they are very low . . .

See you in 2 weeks Ben!

Love

Karen
Karen

It was a wind up,
Small-bore week a few years ago I got very very drunk one Saturday night and when I went in a few nights later and asked Margeret for a drink she completely straight faced refused serve me, pointed to a sign on the end of the bar stating the RAF club insisted on reasonable levels of behaviour etc and any one not complying would be banned! my name had been added to a list, after about 5 minutes of pleading innocence and my bottom lip quivering she finally broke down in fits of giggles and my mate Iain nearly ran out because it was his idea!

If you ask her I'm sure she remembers it well!! She in fairness put on an Oscar winning performance and had me fooled...

I haven't been down for a while but the RAF club will always feel like home :goodjob: :goodjob:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Sparks stu
Home club or Range: / Bicester rifle and pistol club / bisley

#15 Post by Sparks stu »

Hi Ben we normally get down the range at about 9.30am on a Sunday there's about 8 or 9 members who shoot black powder and nitro pistols but normally there's 4 or 5 of us there . This Sunday we are shooting the 31st August then it's every other Sunday unless a few members want to shoot on the Sunday between .
benp1992
Home club or Range: Bicester

#16 Post by benp1992 »

I shall aim to pop down on a Sunday in the near future wen im not working