Tikka T3 Varmint .308 Win/Vortex 6-24x50 FFP/X-Ray Chassis

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

Tikka T3 Varmint .308 Win/Vortex 6-24x50 FFP/X-Ray Chassis

#1 Post by WelshShooter »

Up for sale is my Tikka T3 Varmint in .308win. I am preferably looking to sell everything in one go, but understand that this rifle can attract a wide audience who may not want everything I have to offer. I will only split out the components once the rifle has been sold so please bear this in mind.

I'm looking for £1,650 which includes everything shown in the first picture. Detailed description, and plenty of images are shown below.

I bought the Tikka brand new around 3 years ago. The rifle has been used for informal target shooting. It is the blued, Varmint variety and is sporting a threaded 20" barrel (I believe the thread is the standard M18x1). It has never worn a moderator, only the thread protector except during it's removal for standard cleaning, so they are nice and sharp. The rifle is in immaculate condition, it has always been cleaned after use and oiled correctly for storage. As far as my eyes can tell, there is no rusting or damage to the firearm.

In it's current configuration, the rifle is sitting in a KRG X-Ray chassis, with a 20moa scope rail, a set of low Leupold PRW rings with a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP EBR-1 MRAD reticle. The original bolt handle and plastic bolt shroud have been replaced with a custom knurled knob and aluminium bolt shroud. I have the original stock (and action screws), magazine floorplate, original Tikka magazine and also the original bolt handle & bolt shroud. The KRG chassis will accept AI magazines, with a little bit of "fettling" to the feed lips to ensure the bolt does not get blocked by the excessively long feed lips. I single feed my rounds because the OAL of my handloads exceed magazine length.

Since I do not intend to shoot .308 win for the time being, I am also including the fireformed brass cases and dies used for loading this ammunition. I will still be loading for some .30 cal in future hence the lack of .30 cal bullets in this sale. There are 300x Lapua cases with original box which I bought new. They have been fired exclusively in this rifle therefore have only been neck sized. They have not needed trimming and have not been annealed. Also included is 100x Sako brass cases which I bought "once fired factory rounds" from a member on here. I have full length sized, trimmed and shot them once.

The scope is in excellent working condition. Appearance wise, it does show signs of use (turret caps, tube from scope mounting), and the rubber zoom ring is a little loose but is not an issue if you use a firm grip. The glass is in 10/10 condition, no scratches. I have the original box with the instructions, scope shims (the rest are installed in the elevation turret), cleaning cloth, and bikini scope lens covers.

I shall include all load information with the sale, but drop me a PM if you have questions that may influence the sale (e.g. such as muzzle velocities). It shoots 155gr Lapua Scenar's very well.

Rifle and equipment photographed Sunday 23rd March 2017

Vortex Viper Scope. I would say it is in a used condition, as you can tell by the appearance. See description above for more detail.

Original scope box and Leupold Ring box (I stored the original action screws in this box) plus the original packaging for the EGW 20moa rail (there are 0moa 2-piece mounts in the box too)

Original bolt handle and plastic bolt shroud

Original synthetic stock with plastic floorplate and magazine

Picture of the muzzle indicating no damage. Second picture shows the last targets I shot at 100m (dated 11th March 2017), each target has 5 round group. I’m certainly not a good shot but the rifle is easily capable of shooting sub moa grouping Image

Lee Dies showing some slight surface rusting on the collet die. 300x Lapua brass used from new, always neck sized and never full length sized, and 100x Sake brass which I bought once fired which were full length sized. The brass has been up to 4 times as indicated on the bag.

Some old pictures to show the chassis off (please note, that this picture contains my OTHER Vortex Viper and rings, which are not for sale, original bolt shroud & handle, plus the Harris Bipod is not included for sale!!)

WelshShooter

Re: Tikka T3 Varmint .308 Win/Vortex 6-24x50 FFP/X-Ray Chass

#2 Post by WelshShooter »

The whole kit is sold, awaiting transfer and transaction.
WelshShooter

Re: Tikka T3 Varmint .308 Win/Vortex 6-24x50 FFP/X-Ray Chass

#3 Post by WelshShooter »

All kit sold, rifle shipped! Thanks for all the interest.