Remington Model 7 .223 rem for sale

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Remington Model 7 .223 rem for sale

#1 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have a Remington Model 7 in wood stock with an unusual aluminium sleeved bull barrel around 20" long. The Model 7 if you have not come across it is the shorter lighter version of the Model 700 and this particular example shoots quite well however it does bark a bit given the fairly short barrel and it also has evidence of some pitting in the barrel so I would have to say it was a donor only regardless of how well it shoots.

GBP195.00 takes it away or I can ship if needed.

Pictures available on request.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: Remington Model 7 .223 rem for sale

#2 Post by kennyc »

I have a mod seven in .223 it has a barrel about the same diameter as a McDonalds straw but is just soooo light and dainty, I call it the mouse gun and it is ideal as a truck/fox rifle, well worth someone looking at for this price!
PS I think you must have the long barrel version as mine is nearer 18"
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#3 Post by saddler »

Tempted (esp. as we've still got to sort out a trade for that 30/30), but no free slot at present.

Perfect use would be to re-barrel in .300
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#4 Post by saddler »

Nope.
Had a THUNK
Pending a few kodak happy snaps I'll take it.

Got any donor 700 Police .308 barrels floating around too?
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

I am sure it is closer to 20" thinking about it, certainly not 18", it was spitting some impressive flames this afternoon and would certainly benefit from being screw-cut and a sound moderator fitting however it is also pitted so.....

Saddler, I will PM you.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
walesdave

#6 Post by walesdave »

If Saddler decides against it, I'd be interested.
Cheers
David
saddler

#7 Post by saddler »

Awaiting photos....
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Some pictures, I have never seen a barrel sleeve quite like this so I really do not know how or when it was done. The rings, rail and 'scope are not included in the sale. I managed around a 2.5" 10 shot group at 125m with 50 grain Vmax yesterday however I was getting blown all over the place despite resting the rifle on a wing mirror and ended up wedging it tight to the window opening to try and keep it steady, I would guess 20+ mph and it was bloody cold!
DSCF0305.JPG
DSCF0307.JPG
DSCF0308.JPG
DSCF0306.JPG
/d

Shed Journal
saddler

#9 Post by saddler »

What's the dia of the "barrel" where it joins the receiver, and the dia where it leaves the front of the stock?
Ovenpaa

#10 Post by Ovenpaa »

Barrel is 460,0mm long (18")
At receiver ~30,30mm
At front of stock ~22,57mm
At muzzle ~22,45mm
/d

Shed Journal